How to check global variable on webmethodIS

Hello there is currently my work

How can i check how many global variable that i used in my flow service ? it is so hard to check that one byone

or can i check by command line that list global variable i used in my flow service

Please any advice thank you

In the command line, you could search your package directories for flow.xml files.

Testing a sample flow service that uses a global, I see the following in the xml file

<MAPSET NAME="Setter" OVERWRITE="true" VARIABLES="false" GLOBALVARIABLES="true" FIELD="/testGlobal;1;0">
  <DATA ENCODING="XMLValues" I18N="true">

<Values version="2.0">
  <value name="xml">%GlobalVariable%</value>

So you could use a text search tool like grep to search for map steps containing GLOBALVARIABLES=“true”

There’s an easier alternative to this. Go to your IS page → Settings → Global Variables

Alternatively, if you are on IS version 10.7 and above, you can also get a list of global variables from the REST Admin API, invoke
GET /admin/globalvariable returns the list of all global variables.
Refer Integration Server 10.7 Admin API for a full list of supported operations.
-NP

But neither the admin UI or the API tell you what variables are used in Flow services, which was the original question.

Thankss ! that was i looking for

yes thats how check all global variable, cant tell me which global variable i used in flow service

thank you, but thats how to get all global variable, cant check which variable i used in my flow

@luksurvy
I created a java util service to get the list of global variables used in a flow service. IS package is attached.
Let me know if this helps.

WzGlobalVariables.zip (15.4 KB)

1 Like

WzGlobalVariables.zip has been updated to get global substituted variable and pipeline substituted variable. Here is the new package
WzGlobalVariables.zip (16.4 KB)

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.