How to check duplicate docs in client Q of the Broker

Hi Experts,

Do we have any provision in MWS, to check the duplicate docs arrived in any client Q of the Broker without opening the doc content ? If yes, kindly let me know the process.

Thanks,
RP

You can check the Broker trigger (Developer/Designer thru) there is an option for Detect duplicates (True or False) under the properties and may be it’s helpful for you.

HTH,
RMG

Hi RMG,

I know that option. But I wanted to check it from Client Q’s in MWS based on doc id or any other parameter. Kindly let me know if you are aware of this.

Thanks,
RP

Hi All,

I have one more question to get clear. Let us say, to my broker there are two IS’s connected. When I create a publishable doc “myDoc” from both IS1 & IS2 and try to push it to Broker, does it create “myDoc”, “myDoc_1” at Broker side for that specific client group or does it maintain only one doc “myDoc”. Please help me to understand this.

Thanks,
RP

It should be single doc ‘myDoc’ even you try to sync to Broker from differrent IS (assuming both IS’s are connecting to same broker and client share is set to Yes)

HTH,
RMG

Thanks RMG for your help.

Not a problem!

Hi Rmg,

Could you please let us know on what basis duplicates would be detected if we select the option true in developer …is it using UUID or any specific fields coming from the notification.

Regards
sandeep

Sandeep,

It detect duplicates based on docID that it allocates to every doc arrived in broker.

A document received from the broker can have a value of ‘new’ ‘duplicate’ or ‘in doubt’. IS will use the following logic to determine the status: DB history → resolver service → redelivery count

Please let us know any more queries on this.

Thanks,

I believe it is UUID on the broker doc envelope.

HTH,
RMG

Hi All,

In our env, we have below setting for a trigger:

Dedect duplicate - True
Use History - False
History time to Live - 2 hours
Document resolver service - blank

Does this mean redelivery count machnism will be by default used to dedect duplicates?
Or do we need to set any property for this.

In pub-sub developer guide, I am able to find:
Earlier versions of the Broker do not maintain a redelivery count.
The Integration Server will assign documents received from these Brokers a
redelivery count of ?1. If you do not enable another method of duplicate detection, the
Integration Server assigns the document a New status and executes the trigger
service.

Could you please explain bit more about this.

IS version 8.0

Thanks,
Pawan Kumar