Handling xml

Just to clarify, I need to access this document type to map to a known document type before converting it to a target xml format.

Hi RMG,

Can you please export from wm the testiterator package that you sent earlier. I cannot load it into wm because it is not created with the right package structure.

Thanks,
mow

Hi mow,

I am successfully able to load and publish the package(using IS4.6) with out any problems,but dont know why its creating problem at your end.

Hope you are loading this package in IS4.6 server

Regarding your issue on Transaction[i],can you pls eloborate more.

TestIterator
TestIterator.zip (3.4 k)

Thanks.

I am using wm 6.0 but will try again. I get the xml string which has these bunch of transactions of different types… structure is :

transactioncontainer
transaction[0]
transaction[1]

the number and types of transaction[i] can very but the container is fixed. within my subscribing service, i convert the xmlstring to a doc
and then loop through the doc. I have a branch statement to determine the type within the loop statement. depending on the type, i want to map it to a target document format. this target doc format is diff for each tran type. when i see the input doc in the pipeline, it does not show a structure but as “document” so i cant map it to a target. please let me know if this sounds confusing…

If possible can you upload your package containing this scenario.i will load it on 6.01 and check it out if any clue.

RMG, I just got a new idea - will try that and if i get stuck then do the upload. Thankyou so much for your help.

no problem,Take your owntime.

Hi
Professionals
can anyone tell me whether EDI is a text file with .edi extension or it is different from text file?
To convert an edi into xml do we need edi Adapters & Templates. If so, from where can i download the templates and how can i configure the adapter.

Ramesh,

wM recognizes data by the MIME type. There’s a mime.types file in your IntegrationServer/lib directory. Entries in that file associate MIME types to specific file extensions. If you define *.edi as application/EDI, then wM will properly recognize files with that extension.

HTH.

Dave

Hi Ramesh

It depends on how you define a text file. :slight_smile:
An EDI document is a file with text in it which is structured by the EDI standard. As Dave wrote, it doesn’t matter what extension it has as long as the structure is ok. To convert EDI to XML I would create a flat file dictionary of the EDI version that you have to use and a schema of the transaction set that you need. Then you can create a document type of that schema. To create the dictionary and schema use the SEFParse service in WmEDI.wm.b2b.edi how to do is documented in the install directory under \IntegrationServer\packages\WmEDI\pub\doc EDIModuleUsersGuide.pdf
Then you have to create a document type for the XML file. Click “New”
–> “Document Type” and follow the instructions. After that you only need to map the data. That’s basically how to convert EDI to XML.

Hi professionals,
i am new to webMethods. i am trying to retrieve the individual values of an xml files. I used the sequence of steps as follows\
1.reading the xml file
2.using the service XMLStringToXMLNode
3.validate
4.XMLNodeToDocument
5.DocumentToXMLValues
so i got the xmlvalues as a document.
here i am trying to access those individual values. can any one suggest help in this regard.

regards,

hi professionals,
i am trying to access the service XMLValuesToRecord to access the xml values. but i am getting this following error.

[ITD.0024.0001] Cannot access ‘pub.record:XMLValuesToRecord’ without List ACL privileges

Anyone can suggest me how can i resolve this error. i am waiting here for your early response.

regards,

Once you are in with XMLNodeToDocument map this service output IDATA boundnode to a documentReference (This is what the XML document that you have to create first ,which will extract the individual values from the XML file that you are receving).

Note:Remember you need to create a DocumentType which resembles your receving XML file structure.Then you will be in a good shape to extract the values using XMLNodeToDocument service.

HTH.

Finally,

After you have the DocumentReference (Document) check the pipeline, then you are ready to map the individual values to the target format (Cannonical,EDI,flatfile…) depends on your requirement.

HTH.

Hello professionals,
I am trying to convert the data from database into XML file. Here i followed the following sequence
1. getData
2. execSQL
3. Loop
documentToXMLString
appendToStringList
But i am getting a list of xml files as output. I mean i am getting one XML file for one record in the database. Can anyone suggest me how i get one xml file which contains all records.

you help is very much needed for me

with regards,

Nani

Try to use appendToDocumentList instead of documentToXmlString & appendToStringList. Then map the resulting documentlist to a documentlist of ur ISDocument & convert that ISDocument to xmlString.I hope this is what u want.

Hi Gogineni,
Thank you very much for your help. I got the solution using your help.

with regards,

Nani

Hello:
Can someone give me a direction on this:

I pull a Request (RQ) msg off the queue and on a ‘success’ i have to send a response, in which i need to use the same RQ messageheader element, which has the unique msgid,date time stamp etc, to map to response xml message. How do i map it to the RS xml from RQ xml. Till now i have done stringToDocument–>documentToRecord and have the structure, but when i map messageheader from RQ to RS it doesnt map it.

Also after doing that what are steps i need to do to make this a xmlstring and put it as abc.xml back on the response queue.

I hope to get some help from here…
Thank you all, regards…

Harsh

Harsh,

When you are mapping the RQ header to RS Header there might be some record hierrachy issue or else one to one mapping issue.
What you can do is try to map that msgid,datetime to a separate string variables and map that to RS header.

And finally make the RS Structure to xml string using recordToDocument (gives xmldata) and put this string in the RS MQ hanlder (Queue).

If not upload a screen shot of your mapping.

HTH,
RMG

RMG:
Hey i just got this working! there was a error in the DTD structure for RQ msg after correcting this, the messageheader with all its sub elements maps perefectly to the RS one!
I used the recordToDocument service on the RS structure, and got a xmldata string out, can you explain little in detail how i can put this as a message back on the queue like abc.xml.
Thanks so much for you help!

Harsh