Got An Error while enabling JDBC Connection

Hi All!

i Have Created the JDBC Connection to my oracle 9i database given all parameters and otherproperties i set driverType=oci.connection is established.

if i am trying to enable the connection given below Error

Error encountered
[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource COLTOrderSubmission.common.adapter.connection:COLTOrderSubmissionConnection.
[ART.118.5036] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to configure connection manager.
envCharSetId

Does anybody me regarding this issue…

Many reasons, starting with missing jars or, for OCI, DLL’s or *.so files. Others include wrong hostnames, wrong database names, etc.

Are you providing a property to specify a character set? The “envCharSetId” would seem to indicate a problem with the char set.

Mark

Hi Mar!

Thanx for reply i am not getting any other message like host name wrong,database wrong and also i am not providing “envCharSetId” in properties, i am using oracle 9i database when i am tring to enable the connection got an Error

Error encountered
[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource COLTOrderSubmission.common.adapter.connection:COLTOrderSubmissionConnection.
[ART.118.5036] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to configure connection manager.
envCharSetId

You need to check with your DBA to see whether a property is required related to character set.

Have you googled “Oracle envCharSetId” yet or did you want someone to do that for you as well?

thanx for reply Mark Carlson ,got the solution…

Glad you got it solved. What did you determine was the root cause of the issue?