Getting error enabling JDBC connection

Hi Team,
I am getting below error.
Error encountered
[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource HelloAdapter:HelloAdapter. [ART.118.5036] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to configure connection manager. [ADA.1.204] Cannot connect to the database with DataSource class “oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleConnectionPoolDataSource”. Listener refused the connection with the following error: ORA-12505, TNS:listener does not currently know of SID given in connect descriptor.

Could you please suggest on this issue. Thanks!

HI Lavanya,

Can you please share the connection properties you have configured once ?

Looks like the SID you used is not correct.

Regards,
Jacob

Hi Jacob,

Greetings!

Thanks for your quick response. Please find the below details.
Details of Database connection:
Connection Type:Basic
Host name:localhost
port:1521
SID:xe
Detauls of Adapter connection:
DataSource class: oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource
other properties:driverType=thin

Regards,
Lavanya

Hi Lavanya,

in this case I would try to use the SID in capitals: XE
Looks like Oracle Listener is case sensitive here.

Regards,
Holger

Hi Holger,

I have tried but getting same error.
Error encountered

[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource ADAPTER:SoftwareHello. [ART.118.5036] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to configure connection manager. [ADA.1.204] Cannot connect to the database with DataSource class “oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource”. Listener refused the connection with the following error: ORA-12505, TNS:listener does not currently know of SID given in connect descriptor

Regards,
Lavanya

Hi Lavanya,

in this case you should check your database config (tnsnames.ora) which SID is configured there.

Additionally check your connection config in the adapter for leading and/or trailing spaces.
Which version of XE-Database are you using, which version of JDBC-Adapter and Oracle Driver?

Can you provide a screenshot of your connection config?

Regards,
Holger

Hi Lavanya,

Also can you please share IS and JDBC Adapter version details and work with your IS/ORA dba admins closely and you could resolve this issue internal troubleshoot.

HTH,
RMG

Hi Holger,

Please find the below snips for your reference. Thanks!

As this seems to be a local installation I think that there is no explicit admin available here.

Hi Lavanya,

you should fill in the “XE” value in the field “Database Name” in your JDBC Adapter Connection Config.

Additionally you should create custom user/schema for your needs as you dont want to work as SYS on your database.

Regards,
Holger

Apart from above changes, also consider setting Minimum Pool Size : 0 (best practice) before you enabling the connection. Once you set the database name I think should be all set (assuming you are the local LAN access to the port-localhost:1521)

HTH,
RMG