Tamino Version : 3.1.1
Platform : NT
WebContainer : Tomcat 4.0.3
JDK Version : 1.4.0
Database : network access to Tamino
Server

the Generation using the Command Line is ok, but
the Generation using the Generator GUI not:

- http://localhost:8080/xappgen/GuiServlet ??

i found only the file <GuiServlet.java> after installation ?
<%tomcat%/conf/apps-xapplication.xml> contains the entry:
??

Hi schocr,

the setup procedure of X-Application works properly, if you’re using Tomcat 3.3x or 3.2x.
As you’re using Tomcat 4.x, you have to edit the server.xml file manually.

In order to be able to start the generator GUI, you’ve to add:

<BR><Context path="/test" docBase="C:\workspace\xapplication/testsuite/jsp/test"/><BR>   	<Context path="/simple" docBase="C:\workspace\xapplication/examples/jsp/simple"/><BR>  	<Context path="/property" docBase="C:\workspace\xapplication/examples/jsp/property"/><BR>   	<Context path="/propertydemo" docBase="C:\workspace\xapplication/demos/jsp/property"/><BR>   	<Context path="/invoice" docBase="C:\workspace\xapplication/examples/jsp/invoice"/><BR>   	<Context path="/xappgen" docBase="C:\workspace\xapplication/generator"/></pre><BR><BR>directly below the entry:<BR><BR><pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"><BR><!-- Tomcat Manager Context --><BR>        <Context path="/manager" docBase="manager" <BR>         debug="0" privileged="true"/><BR>

Please see also the following topic: Tomcat 4.0

Cheers
Stefan Schwalm
Software AG, Darmstadt

Hi again,

if you like to use the start application button of the Generator GUI you need to replace the serverXapp8081.xml in your <TOMCAT_HOME>/conf directory by the one attached to this post.

You have to adapt the path entries:

C:\workspace\xapplication

to the path, where xapplication is located on your system. You need to do this for the lines I suggested to add to server.xml in my preceding post, too.

This is the file I used to get the X-Application Generator working with Tomcat 4.0.3, it may not work in your local environment due to port conflicts. In this case, just change the affected port in this file to one available on your system.

Cheers

Stefan Schwalm
Software AG, Darmstadt
serverXapp8081.xml (16.2 KB)