Generate flat file without Record ID

Hello All,

I need some help ! i’m trying to generate flat file withe multiple record (record for header and other with ‘Max repeat=Unlimited’ for body ).
The issue is i’m not able to generate the file without displaying the Record ID :

HeaderRecordId head2 head2
BodyRecordId field2 field3
BodyRecordId field2 field3

Any idea about how to do ?

Thank you in advance

Hi,

please have a look at the FlatFile Development Help guide, this one should have some explanation on how to define the schema, dictionary and doc type for such flat files.

Regards,
Holger

1 Like

Hello Holger,

Thank you for your reply. I’ve already look at the SAG guide but no solution found ! could you please give me reference if you think i missed something ?

BR
Ahmed

Hi AMD,

Let me know what you are exactly trying to achieve here.

if your target or source flat file is as below. And you need to process the same

Create a Dictionary as below and set the Default records for the same in schema

Parsing should look like the below.

if you are expectation is something else , kindly elaborate what is you are trying to achieve in this implementation

2 Likes

Caveat - Note that this will apply to ALL flat-files (i.e., existing interfaces), since this acts as a global parameter; DO NOT change this without performing an impact analysis.

If you’re using the service convertToString, then customization is available in the Flat-file Schema Developers Guide -

Config File -

Parameter -

KM

1 Like

Hello Dinesh, Kasi ,

Thank you for your replies.

@Dinesh: Yes i look to get the same result as you show above (without displaying RecordID), but with header has different structure (fixed position) than body of file.

@Kasi: it seems exactly what i’m looking for, but this will impact all used flat-files.

I end up by creating tow different schema and document type : one for Header and the second for the Body using recordWithNoID, then i concatenate the generated strings into one file.

Best Regards
Ahmed

@amd_igou ,

Yes then you have to create separate schemas for header and details since you are having mix of records parser for single file.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.