External version control System integrated with webMethods

Yes.

Mark

Hi,
Has anyone integrated clearcase with VCS.If so pls share the details.I also heard that a seperate package for clearcase integration will be released with IS 7.1 .Any news abt the date of release coz the customer is very specific about using clearcase for version control.any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Vinod

Hey Ram,

Try looking at this page:
[url]http://www.customware.net/repository/display/WMFAQ/Fine+Grained+Version+Control+using+a+Build+Server[/url]

It’s implemented using SVN as source control.

Regards,

Aditya Gollakota

Does the new VCS capability of webMethods Developer support node-level source control (any thing can be created by CTRL+N)? or still just package-level?

How can you actually do the check it/check out/get latest/… sort of things? Does wM Developer have a command button for those?

Has anyone used ClearCase integartion with 6.5 or 7.1. I have done it and have some issues.

1. Performance is bad in developer.
  2. When creating new elements (folders and services) throws error, keeps the untittled elements and its hard to delete them.
  3. No clear guide on the best practices.

I am sure I could have been doing something wrong, So if anyone has done it, can you please share your experience.

Allen,

To answer you question about VCS capabilities, yes now it can be at the node level. It does check in / check out / get latest. There is no capability of diff but hey its a great improvement or should I say its a great addendum.

Ram Challuri