Often I have a question about the way an application can communicate or notify Middleware.
Some of the ways mentioned below:
- External application calls a Middleware service via SOAP (web service call)
- External application calls a Middleware service via http and notifies
- Middleware polls on External application database for a particular event
- JMS layer between an application and Middleware
- Poll on some common location which notifies Middleware
Basically all of the above methods buble down to 2 approaches:
- Push Mechanism
- Pull Mechanism
Which one would be the best to choose if we have the options.