ExpireWithPageFlow property usage for managed beans

hi All,

Can anybody please explain the use of expireWithPageFlow managed bean property and when should it be set to true / false?

Kind regards,
Raja sekhar Kintali

Hi

This link explains it

http://communities.softwareag.com/ecosystem/communities/public/Developer/webmethods/tutorials/CAF/CAFandJSF/JSF_Mbeans_BindingExp.html

BR

hi Herve,

Thanks for the reply. It helped me to understand the use of this property and debug one issue in my project :slight_smile: .

Kind regards,
Raja sekhar Kintali

Dear Raja

Could you please let me know where to do this configuration.

regards
Manoj

Hi,

You can set this property for any managed bean in the config file ‘faces-config.xml’.

It can be found in /webContent/WEB-INF/faces-config.xml.

Sample managed bean -

SimpleTableDataProvider com.webmethods.caf.faces.data.object.ListTableContentProvider session Specifies whether the session bean expires when the pageflow is out of scope Expire With Page Flow expireWithPageFlow java.lang.Boolean true .

In the last few versions of CAF, it is preferred to declare the managed beans via annotations on the java class instead of in the faces-config.xml file. So if are using that mode of operation, then the presence of the @ExpireWithPageFlow annotation on the java class enables the expire behavior.

For example:

@ManagedBean(name = "TestDefaultviewView")
@SessionScoped
@ExpireWithPageFlow
@DTManagedBean(displayName = "Test/default", beanType = BeanType.PAGE)
public class TestDefaultviewView  extends   com.webmethods.caf.faces.bean.BasePageBean {