Execute JAVA code in remote server(via remote aliases)

My 5 cents -

Pre-upgrade Analyzer

• It can do a few checks such as a savePipeline and debugLog invocations (link). I have not used this public version and the internal version I used was customizable so I could add more services to look for, but it’s worth looking at before you reinvent something.

Command Central -

• I reaffirm and strongly recommend adopting CCE, as a few people have pointed out already. We’ve invested in developing CCE over the years, and now it has evolved and matured across provisioning, monitoring, administration, maintenance/patching and upgrade.
    In my view, it’d be criminal not to use its robust capabilities (it’s available at no additional cost for wM customers). Why don’t you play around with it, showcase the capabilities to management and win them over! :slight_smile:

• In addition, CCE offers a programmatic window into a variety of monitoring stats (examples in the screenshot) that many aren’t aware of, via this URL (http://hostname:port/cce/monitoring/state/instanceName). Even monitoring stats of remote servers (IS, MWS, etc.) can be gathered via a central CCE, with SPM installed on the remote machines; no code deployment is required.

• I used the above on 9.12, along with a ton of services from WmRoot to monitor ports, schedulers, etc., to build a monitoring solution that emails an HTML report as shown above; worked like a charm.

Monitor -

• You can use the built-in services under Monitor (pub.monitor.service:getList, for example), to fetch long running services, failed services and do more; these services will query the DB via the IS (this is how MWS fetches service execution results).

Event Manager -

• This is again, a gold nugget that’s seldom used; I’ve briefly mentioned the feature here (link). It has more types of events, not just Exception events.

Other Options -

• People have mentioned Optimize already, so I’ll skip it.

• We have a tool that can perform and generate reports (CSV, HTML, XML, JSON) of automated code reviews (disabled services, naming conventions and 27 other checks). It is customizable and also has a CLI that’s pluggable into CI/CD or DevOps scripts. This is offered as a licensed tool with additional cost by our services division at Software AG. It’s called Integration Server Continuous Code Review (ISCCR) and it can work in conjunction with Unit Test Framework in CI/CD and DevOps worlds; write to me if you’re interested.

KM

5 Likes