Exception Read Time out

Hi everyone,

We are getting Read time out exception while our internal server is trying to connect to external server, could any one tell me how to resolve this.

And also i generally see ping timed out exception between Internal and External servers, but the read timed out is some what strange to me. Does any data reading happens between the Internal and External IS…??

We are using 8.2 version SP2…

The exception is like this:

Unable to establish connection to the Reverse Gateway server XXXXXXXXXXXX, Exception → Read timed out.

Regards,
Rajesh

Is this a production issue?

During the port configuration did you also enable the Private Thread Pool settings on the RG/Internal server?

I would also suggest if required engage your network team while troubleshooting this timeout in your environment:

Have you checked the Empower if any 822 core fixes/patches available associated to this exact issue and resolved already?

Please keep the forum posted:

HTH,
RMG

Hi,

Yes, we have enable the Private Thread Pool Settings in our Internal servers. I have not checked with the Empower till now…

I have increased the number of connections in the internal server

Regards,
Rajesh

Yes bump it up on both servers as required and test the port:

Check the Empower also it’s helpful:

Hi ,

We had increased the connections, it worked good for some days, but still we are getting the same exception again…

Can anyone help…???

I searched empower forums but didn’t find the exact solution…

Regards,
Rajesh

And also did you try with max connections to 50 or 100 under the internal server port?

[TABLE=“class: tableView”]
[TR]
[TD=“class: heading, colspan: 2”]Internal Server[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD=“class: evenrow”]Protocol[/TD]
[TD=“class: evenrowdata-l”] HTTP
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD=“class: oddrow”]Package Name[/TD]
[TD=“class: oddrowdata-l”] WmRoot [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD=“class: evenrow”]Max Connections
[/TD]
[TD=“class: evenrowdata-l”] 100
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

HTH,
RMG

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.