Error while testing JDBC Pool

Folks,

I am getting the below error while testing JDBC pool for my T.N. I am sure you all will make me correct if i am dong smthing wrong.

"Test of TN Failed
[wm-cjdbc36-0007][Oracle JDBC Driver]Error establishing socket to host and port: w2mz8r5k02.apac.corp.eds.com:1521. Reason: Connection refused: connect "

To give a idea. I have installed Oracle 10G & DB name is TN as well the SID is TN. I am using the WM 7.1

Regards,

Verify JDBC url used, from the error thrown is like IS sends a connection to host w2mz8r5k02.apac.corp.eds.com on port 1521, but gets a “connection refused” error back.

Is that correct host? and port?

Just to verify execute a “telnet w2mz8r5k02.apac.corp.eds.com 1521” from a console window and check if is connecting :smiley:

Hello,

I tried the telnet & belwo are the details.

D:\Documents and Settings\mz8r5k>telnet w2mz8r5k02.apac.corp.eds.com 1521
Connecting To w2mz8r5k02.apac.corp.eds.com…Could not open connection to the host, on port 1521: Connect failed.

The host name “w2mz8r5k02.apac.corp.eds.com” is my local machine name. i have installed the Oracle10G on my local system only.

Try also with ip address instead of dns name…

HTH,
RMg

It’s not a UnknownHostException, but a connection refused :smiley: , but yes maybe IP address for that host is not the correct one.

pradeepnirwan, from console window execute command “netstat -an” and check if you have a line of this kind:

TCP 0.0.0.0:1521 0.0.0.0 LISTENING

That will let you know if your OS is indeed having the socket opened. If you have this line check windows firewall and turn it off, retest.

If you get a line of this kind:

TCP 192.168.1.10:1521 0.0.0.0 LISTENING

That would indicate socket binds to that IP.