Error while creating UM Alias On IS - [ISS.0153.9300] UM admin operation failed [create channel]:

Hi ,

for UM POC , i have installed UM 10.1 trial version while IS is on 9.10. I am able to do jms pub-sub via jndi context and is working without any issues.

To test native pub-sub, i am performing below steps and result is as below. Kindly suggest if additional configurations are required to make it work.

Scenario #1

1. Create new Um Alias
  2. Provide URl and details.
  3. Keep the option 'Enable Request-Reply Channel and Listener ’ under ‘Consumer Settings’ enabled.
  4. Save and Enable the alias.
  5. After few seconds ( probably retries), it errors out

com.wm.app.b2b.server.dispatcher.exceptions.MessagingSubsystemException: [ISS.0153.9032] Unable to create request reply channel wm/is/10_134_174_146_5555_1484612989_IS_RequestReplyClient: com.wm.app.b2b.server.dispatcher.exceptions.MessagingSubsystemException: [ISS.0153.9300] UM admin operation failed [create channel]: java.lang.NullPointerException

Scenario #2

1. Create new Um Alias
  2. Provide URl and details.
  3. Disable the option 'Enable Request-Reply Channel and Listener ’ under ‘Consumer Settings’.
  4. Save and Enable the alias.
  5. Alias is Enabled.
  6. Create a document type in Designer , Make it publishable and select the alias as above.
  7. Sync the document type and it errors in Log

2018-02-26 18:57:13 AEDT wm.server.ed:submit
wm.server.ed:submit
com.wm.app.b2b.broker.sync.SyncException: com.wm.app.b2b.server.dispatcher.exceptions.MessagingSubsystemException: [ISS.0153.9300] UM admin operation failed [create channel]: java.lang.NullPointerException
Caused by: com.wm.app.b2b.broker.sync.SyncException: com.wm.app.b2b.server.dispatcher.exceptions.MessagingSubsystemException: [ISS.0153.9300] UM admin operation failed [create channel]: java.lang.NullPointerException

issue is resolved. IS 9.10 to UM 10.1 is not supported. So must be IS 10.1 to UM 10.1 configuration.