Error in JDBC Connection with DB2 database

Hi,

I am trying to establish JDBC Adapter connection with DB2 tables.
The connection details :

Connection Type JDBC Adapter
ConnectionPackage NameCwSSBSConnectionsConnection
Properties
Transaction Type LOCAL_TRANSACTION
DataSource Class com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2
DataSource serverName EXOZNSE3.hosts.plc.cwintra.com
user WMDBDEV
password ******
databaseName S0E3SDT1
portNumber 1021
networkProtocol
Other PropertiesdriverType=4

Connection Management Properties
Enable Connection Pooling=true
Minimum Pool Size=0
Maximum Pool Size=1
Pool Increment Size=1
Block Timeout (msec)=10000
Expire Timeout (msec)=30000
Startup Retry Count=0
Startup Backoff Timeout (sec)=1

When i try to enable i got the following Error Message:

Error encountered
[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource CwSSBSConnections.localTx.db2:DB2_DB.
[ART.118.5063] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to start connection CwSSBSConnections.localTx.db2:DB2_DB: after 1 attempt(s).
[ADA.1.204] Cannot connect to the database with DataSource class “com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2DataSource”.
The application server rejected establishment of the connection. An attempt was made to access a database, S0E3SDT1, which was not found. DB2ConnectionCorrelator: null

But the database is exiting and i can able to seee the table in DB2 database

By,
Karthikeyan

Hi,

Did u place the proper DB2 Jars in IS?

Cannot connect to the database with DataSource class “com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2DataSource” this statement states that class was not found …

So verfiy the Jars once again and check whether they are loaded properly in IS.

Actually, the more descriptive error seems to be: "[COLOR=Black][FONT=Courier New][FONT=Arial]The application server rejected establishment of the connection. An attempt was made to access a database, S0E3SDT1, which was not found." Verify this database actually exists.[/color]

If it does, make sure you take a look at the JDBC Adapter Guide. It talks about what parameters in the connection settings screen are required for each of the major supported databases, including DB2. You may find that you left something out.

[SIZE=2]- Percio
[/FONT][/size]
[/FONT]

Seems you are using incorrect DataSource Class name for type for drivers … the driver class name is “com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2SimpleDataSource” for no transactions and local transactions.

Not to mention but you should other connection properties say "
driverType=4" because if don’t specify default value will be considered which is DriverType=2.