Error in Business Process Administration

Hi,

I’m using MWS for 2 month and i’ve never had issue with Business process until now.
When i try to edit any Business process in Business process Administration screen, i get the following error:
[exception.wm_bam_process_config_details] Your last action caused an exception to occur while executing getProcessModelFromWS(). The details for that exception follow SOAPException( Client: [ISS.0088.9134] Exception occurred while processing the body of the message )

When i run a process and try to monitor it, i cannot see the steps in the step summary screen and the Control action screen.(error: [POP.012.9002.wm_bam_instance_steps] Remote Exception caught: electric.util.WrappedException: SOAPException( Client: [ISS.0088.9134] Exception occurred while processing the body of the message )

Does anybody know what it si causing this issue ?

Thanks.

Hi Olivier

Did you get the solution for the problem? Even I’m facing similiar problem.

Regards
Hamsa

Hi Guys,

Did any of you got the solution? I am facing the same issue.

-Nilesh

Any updates on this. I am also facing the same problem.

Hi Guys,

I am also facing the same problem. Please let us know any fix.

I am getting same problem when deploying new processes.

The business processes and models are not deployed properly. Re-deploy and then check. Be sure to check any dependencies and resolve them before deploying.

Did you get the solution for the problem? Even I’m facing similiar problem.

Same problem here

same problem here

Delete the existing environment and recreate it and restart the server …if it doesn’t work then drop and create the scripts for optimize through DBConfigurator…

MWS 9.7/Service monitoring

I am getting the same error under Monitoring-> Services only on a particular server selected from the list of servers on the top right hand side of the page.
[ISS.0088.9134] Exception occurred while processing the body of the message
Do we also fix this the same way? Please let me know.

Thanks
Hariharan