Error creating new Adapter Service

I am getting an error while trying to create a new adapter service with my stored JDBC connection. The JDBC connection is configured and connected to an Oracle database.

Error:
com.webMethods.developer.adapter.metadata.AdapterMetadataException: com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceException: [ART.114.243] Adapter Runtime (Metadata): Failed to run resourceDomainLookupValues service. Details provided in error log.

[SIZE=1]oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleSql.getSqlBytes(Z)[B[/size]
on procedure.catalogName [Ljava.lang.String;@18221eb

java.lang.Exception: Adapter values are not available.
at com.webMethods.developer.adapter.metadata.AdapterMetadataParameterValue.assertNoErrorString(AdapterMetadataParameterValue.java:3785)
at com.webMethods.developer.adapter.metadata.AdapterMetadataParameterValue.getValidValues(AdapterMetadataParameterValue.java:1994)
at com.webMethods.developer.adapter.metadata.AdapterMetadata.fillParameterValue(AdapterMetadata.java:390)
at com.webMethods.developer.adapter.metadata.AdapterMetadata.fillParameterValue(AdapterMetadata.java:378)
at com.webMethods.developer.adapter.metadata.AdapterMetadata.fillParameterValues(AdapterMetadata.java:362)
at com.webMethods.developer.adapter.metadata.AdapterService.(AdapterService.java:207)
at com.webMethods.developer.adapter.metadata.AdapterMetadataLoader.getNewAdapterService(AdapterMetadataLoader.java:1573)
at com.webMethods.developer.adapter.metadata.AdapterMetadataLoader.createAdapterService(AdapterMetadataLoader.java:225)
at com.webMethods.developer.adapter.wizard.NewAdapterServiceFinishAction$AdapterServiceBuilderThread.runSelf(NewAdapterServiceFinishAction.java:138)
at com.webMethods.caffeine.utils.ProgressDialogThread.run(ProgressDialogThread.java:57)

Seems like the adapter service is needing something that the stored JDBC connection does not have. Any help would be appreciated.

I think this may be a database permissions problem in which the user i’m logging into does not have view catalog permissions. The only thing that’s confusing is we have the same connection on another IS and I can create the Adapter Service just fine. It finds the list of stored procedures and what not.

NickS,
did you ever resolve this issue? We are experiencing almost the identidal issue.
thank you,
JR Smith

do u have a copy of the file classes12.zip in your IS/lib/jars folder?

hi

Thats right either the classess12.zip is not placed in the IS/lib/jars or the classess12.zip is corrupt.

Which database version are you using ?

Cheers
Jeevan

I did reslove the issue. The issue was the user that the JDBC connection was using did not have permissions to view catalog. There’s a database permission like VIEW_CATALOG or something can’t remember at this time and I’m at home. We just had to give the user permissions to that and the IS could pull down the stored procedures and what not.

Question is do you get an error when you try and create a custom sql adapter service ? If so it’s probably not the issue I had. If you don’t get an error when creating a custom sql adapter service, and only get an error when you create a stored procedure adatper service you may have a similar issue.