Error after SAP Adapter 10.1 installed in IS10.3

Hi Team,

I Installed SAP Adapter 10.1 in Integration server 10.3, after post installation i placed sapidoc3.jar and sapjco3.jar at “C:\SoftwareAG103\IntegrationServer\packages\WmSAP\code\jars\static”
placed sapjco3.dll at “C:\SoftwareAG103\IntegrationServer\instances\default\lib”

sapjco3.jar version 3.1.2
sapidoc.jar version 3.1.0
jco version 3.1.2

after that i restarted the Integration server,but still WmSAP package is partially loaded.

Integration server throwing following errors:

Error Log Entries as of 2019-12-16 13:04:25 IST
Time Stamp Service Name Service Stack Error Message Stack Trace Root Context Parent Context Current Context
---------------------------------- End of Current Log ----------------------------------
wm.art.adapter.deployment:getMenu
[ART.114.9] Adapter Runtime: Error(s) while registering adapter type WmSAP.
null
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: null

2019-12-16 13:04:21 IST wm.sap.Admin:registerLocalConnection
WmSAP Adapter: Error on creating new Object: [ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource wm.sap.internal.cs:emptyConnection.
[ART.118.5022] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Cannot create connection wm.sap.internal.cs:emptyConnection. Adapter type WmSAP does not exist.

2019-12-16 13:04:21 IST wm.sap.Admin:registerLocalConnection

[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource wm.sap.internal.cs:emptyConnection.
[ART.118.5022] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Cannot create connection wm.sap.internal.cs:emptyConnection. Adapter type WmSAP does not exist.
Caused by: com.wm.pkg.art.error.DetailedException: [ART.118.5022] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Cannot create connection wm.sap.internal.cs:emptyConnection. Adapter type WmSAP does not exist.

2019-12-16 13:04:21 IST wm.sap.Admin:registerRoutingListener
WmSAP Adapter: Error on creating new Object: [ART.114.3] Adapter Runtime: Unable to get information about adapter type WmSAP.

2019-12-16 13:04:21 IST wm.sap.Admin:registerAdapter
WmSAP 10.1 build 10.1.0.0.1007 requires SAP JCo 3.0.18 (or higher) and is not compatible with earlier JCo versions 2.x or 3.0.0 to 3.0.17.

please help me to solve this.

jcoversion.docx (50.4 KB)

Hi,

This is a pretty common scenario faced when the the SAP Adapter failed to locate the dynamic link library. You can check so by setting the java home environment variable, then run command “java -jar sapjco3.jar”. There will be a popup window appearing telling you the details whether your setup is correct. By right you should be seeing the sapjco3.jar location as well as the sapjco3.dll file location. If it doesn’t work, I will usually place it(sapjco3.dll) under C:\windows\system32\ and restart the IS again.

Also you should load the latest SAP JCo library. SAP Adapter 10.1 should be running with at least 3.0.18 and above.

FYI, please refer to documentation at
http://techcommunity.softwareag.com/ecosystem/documentation/webmethods/adapters_estandards/Adapters/SAP/SAP_10-1/10-1_Adapter_for_SAP_webhelp/index.html#page/sap-webhelp%2Fto-install_5.html%23wwconnect_header

2 Likes

Hi,

SAP Adapter 10.1 requires Fix 4 (or higher) to support JCo 3.1. However, this newer SAP Adapter 10.1 Fix 4 (“SAP_10.1_Fix4”) is not available/released yet.

Please create a ticket with Global Support if you need further to work on this.

Kind regards,
Antonio

1 Like

Hi,

Thank you for your valuable suggestions.
Now the issue got resolved “I tried with a Lower version of Jco and also installed SAP Adapter 10.1 fix 3”

Hi,

latest version of JCO 3.0 is 3.0.20 and for Idoc it is 3.0.14.

Please note the correct locations for jars and native libs:

Up to wM 9.5:
native: IntegrationServer/libs
jars: IntegrationServer/packages/WmSAP/code/jars/static

From wM 9.6 onwards:
native: IntegrationServer/instances/default/libs
jars: IntegrationServer/instances/default/packages/WmSAP/code/jars/static

When running on Unix, make sure that the native lib libsapjco3.sl or libsapjco3.so has executable flag set for user/group which is running the IntegrationServer.

Before placing a new version of sapjco3.dll under Windows/system directory, take a backup of an existing file just for the case that this might be needed by another SAP application installed on that system.

Stopping and Restarting is neccessary to correctly enable the native lib during startup.

Regards,
Holger

Holger,

It is very informative and certainly helps!!

Also on the unix/AIX based installs make sure the usr/etc folder also get’s reflected.

New Year Cheers!
RMG

1 Like

Hello @Holger_von_Thomsen.
I downloaded the new SAP Jco and SAP iDoc libs and I put the .jar files in the folders of wM 9.6 that you mentioned.

But, even after putting them, I’m receiving this message when I try to start my IS:

2020-06-30 16:47:26 GMT [SAP.0101.0025C] (tid=839) Loading JCo libraries
2020-06-30 16:47:26 GMT [SAP.0101.0026C] (tid=839) SAP JCo version: 3.1.2 (2019-10-02) JavaRfc 2.10.0
2020-06-30 16:47:26 GMT [SAP.0101.0027C] (tid=839) SAP JCo Native Library version: 753.512
2020-06-30 16:47:26 GMT [SAP.0101.0007C] (tid=839) Error registering Adapter for SAP with ART: Incomplete JCo installation: The SAP IDoc library sapidoc3.jar is missing.
2020-06-30 16:47:26 GMT [ISS.0028.0012I] (tid=72) WmSAP: Startup service (wm.sap.Admin:registerRoutingListener)
2020-06-30 16:47:26 GMT [ART.0115.3209E] (tid=843) Adapter Runtime (Listener): Error creating listener object wm.sap.internal.ls:routingListener. Error: java.lang.NullPointerException.
2020-06-30 16:47:26 GMT [SAP.0101.0010C] (tid=843) Error on creating routing listener: WmSAP Adapter: Error on creating new Object: [ART.115.3209] Adapter Runtime (Listener): Error creating listener object wm.sap.internal.ls:routingListener. Error: java.lang.NullPointerException.
null

Look, these are the .jar files that I have in my IS Copy server:

renan@ubnt_eai_copy:/WebM$ find IS01/ -name 'sapjco3.jar'
IS01/IntegrationServer/instances/default/packages/WmSAP/code/jars/static/sapjco3.jar
IS01/IntegrationServer/instances/default/lib/sapjco3.jar
IS01/install/fix/backup/wMFix.WmSAP_10.1.0.0004-0004/install.phase2_2/default/code/jars/static/sapjco3.jar
renan@ubnt_eai_copy:/WebM$ find IS01/ -name 'sapidoc3.jar'
IS01/IntegrationServer/instances/default/packages/WmSAP/code/jars/static/sapidoc3.jar
IS01/IntegrationServer/instances/default/lib/jars/sapidoc3.jar
IS01/IntegrationServer/instances/default/lib/sapidoc3.jar
IS01/install/fix/backup/wMFix.WmSAP_10.1.0.0004-0004/install.phase2_2/default/code/jars/static/sapidoc3.jar

Please, what more should I do to fully upgrade to this new SAP Adapter 10.1?

Hi Renan,

Although seniors already provided information on this blog. Would like to add my comments here.
We have prepared 10.3 environments recently and to enable SAP Adapters on 10.3 servers we need to place 3 files (2 Jar and one another) in two directories, with additional SAP_10.1_Fix3.

Two jar
sapidoc3.jar
sapjco3.jar
Under: /opt/softwareag/esb/IntegrationServer/instances/default/packages/WmSAP/code/jars/static/

And one SO
libsapjco3.so:- Under /opt/softwareag/esb/IntegrationServer/instances/default/lib/

By looking at your comments it seems:- you missed libsapjco3.so file.
Please verify again, I hope this will resolve the issue at your end.

Thanks!
Kuldeep Gupta

Hi @Kuldeep_Gupta1.

Thank you so much for your comments about this SAP lib configuration.

As you suggested, I got the libsapjco3.so in both folders. See below:

renan@ubnt_eai_copy:/WebM/Scripts/um$ find /WebM/IS01/IntegrationServer/ -name libsapjco3.so
/WebM/IS01/IntegrationServer/instances/default/packages/WmSAP/code/jars/static/libsapjco3.so
/WebM/IS01/IntegrationServer/instances/default/lib/libsapjco3.so

But, unfortunately, I’m still having the same issue:

Error registering Adapter for SAP with ART: Incomplete JCo installation: The SAP IDoc library sapidoc3.jar is missing.
2020-07-01 11:29:37 GMT [ISS.0028.0012I] (tid=73) WmSAP: Startup service (wm.sap.Admin:registerRoutingListener)
2020-07-01 11:29:37 GMT [SAP.0101.0010C] (tid=984) Error on creating routing listener: WmSAP Adapter: Error on creating new Object: [ART.115.3209] Adapter Runtime (Listener): Error creating listener object wm.sap.internal.ls:routingListener. Error: java.lang.NullPointerException.
null

I still searching how to fully install this jco library with the SAG IS, but I didn’t figure out yet :frowning:

Hi Renan,

Two jar
sapidoc3.jar (This is the java library for IDoc)
sapjco3.jar (This is the java library for JCo)
Under: /opt/softwareag/esb/IntegrationServer/instances/default/packages/WmSAP/code/jars/static/

And one SO
libsapjco3.so:- Under /opt/softwareag/esb/IntegrationServer/instances/default/lib/ (This is the shared object library file)

All these must be present in the server in order for WmSAP package to load successfully. Please bear in mind especially for sapjco3.jar there are different flavors for different platforms. You cannot take a jar file for Windows and put it in linux server and expect it will work.

If you read the SAP User Guide, the instruction is already clear what you’ll need to do. This is a common scenario faced by user during initial setup.

Hi @Mike_Ng.

I already put the jars and the libsapjco3.so file in the specified directories. But I’m still having the same message:

Error registering Adapter for SAP with ART: Incomplete JCo installation: The SAP IDoc library sapidoc3.jar is missing.

Hi Renan,

By looking at your logs in previous comments I can see you place all 3 files in all 3 different directories. Whereas specific jar and ‘so’ file needs to be place inside only specific directories.

By looking at your logs, please remove these files from these specific directories which you have placed additionally.

Remove sapidoc3.jar from
IS01/IntegrationServer/instances/default/lib/jars/sapidoc3.jar
IS01/IntegrationServer/instances/default/lib/sapidoc3.jar

Remove sapjco3.jar from
IS01/IntegrationServer/instances/default/lib/sapjco3.jar

Remove libsapjco3.so from
/WebM/IS01/IntegrationServer/instances/default/packages/WmSAP/code/jars/static/libsapjco3.so

And verify you have only files place accordingly
sapidoc3.jar
sapjco3.jar
/WebM/IS01/IntegrationServer/instances/default/packages/WmSAP/code/jars/static/

And
libsapjco3.so under WebM/IS01/IntegrationServer/instances/default/lib/

Once you are done, try to restart the server and test the connection again.
Also, you need to verify whether your WebM system is allowed to have a connection with SAP system. There are many specific settings are required there end as well.

Regards,
Kuldeep Gupta

2 Likes

Hello again @Kuldeep_Gupta1!

Thank you so much for you assistance, with your help and some checks here I managed to solve the issue.

The real issue was that I downloaded the wrong SAP IDoc jar version (LOLOLOLOL). :laughing:

The correct one is 3.1.0 but I downloaded the 3.0.14.

After downloading the correct one and putting it in the places that you specified the problem was solved!

One more time: Thank you for your assistance and congratulations for your concise description about the steps that I should follow to solve this issue.

Have a nice day!

Glad to hear. Issue has been solved thanks. Have a good day!!

1 Like

SAP Adapter 10.1 is not available on IS 9.6. You will have to use SAP Adapter 7.1 with latest Fixes which should allow for the latest SAP JCo 3.0.x libs.
JCo 3.1.x libs seems to be only supported on SAP Adapter 10.1 with Fix or newer.
SAP Adapter 10.1 requires IS 10.1 or newer.

The Jar-Files should be under
IntegrationServer/instances/default/packages/WmSAP/code/jars/static/
and the native part (either DLL, SL or SO file) should be under
IntegrationServer/instances/default/lib

Please remove the other copies of the sap jco jars from lib directory.

Hi Renan,

On closing this loop can you finally confirm what is your SAP Adapter version (now) and it’s running on on-prem IS v9.6 or v10.1 instance in this case?

Appreciated!

TIA,
RMG

2 Likes

Hello @rmg.

Yes! I can confirm that after putting the SAP libsapjco3.so and the sapidoc3.jar files in the correct folder and restarting the IS the problem was solved.

I’m running on a 10.3

2 Likes

The versions of the sapjco-jar and the sapidoc-jar need to match.
Einther running a 3.0.x JCO with a 3.0.x IDoc or a 3.1.x JCo with a 3.1.x IDoc.

Runnning a 3.1.x JCo with a 3.0.x IDoc should fail, running a 3.0.x JCo with a 3.1.x IDoc should fail too.

Regards,
Holger

2 Likes

Great and thanks to both for your closing comments!! :slight_smile:

Cheers!
RMG