We are successfully using Oracle connections on IS6.1 on my current project - so it will be possible to get it to work.
One thing that might be worth trying is to use the “jar” version of classes12, rather than the “zip” version. (You might be able to just rename the zip file to classes12.jar). If this doesn’t work, you can download Oracle drivers from http://otn.oracle.com/software/tech/java/sqlj_jdbc/index.html. Make sure you download the right one for your version of Oracle - they are not cross-platform compatible, an Oracle 8.1.7 JDBC driver won’t necessarily talk to an Oracle 9i server. They should be backwards compatible though - i.e. a 9i driver should talk to an 8.1.7 server.
Couple of questions that might help narrow down the problem a bit:
- Are these the only messages or are there more detailed messages following this in the logs? (You may need to set your server log level to 6 to get more information).
- What version of Oracle server are you connecting to?
- What version of JDBC driver are you using?
- Are you using XA transactions? For XA transactions you need to use a different data source as described in the on-line help for the JDBC connections page. For XA transactions, you also need to “XA-enable” the Oracle server - I don’t have the details on this handy, but I can dig them up if you need them. It is basically installing the JServer option and running an admin script (initxa.sql?).
- Are you using the thin driver, or the oci driver? If you use oci, then you need to have the Oracle client software (e.g. SQL*Plus) installed on the IS server machine.
- Can you connect to the database from the IS server using the same parameters outside of webMethods? Squirrel SQL client (http://squirrel-sql.sourceforge.net/) is a good way to test JDBC connectivity using effectively the same drivers and connection techniques that webMethods will use “under the covers” - not to mention being a very useful database browsing / ad-hoc SQL query tool in its own right!
Let me know how you get on.
webMethods Professional Services