ERROR [7832] - Failed to initialize correlator: Connectivity plug-ins startup failure

Hi,

I am using Apama Tutorial for Temp& sensor project for which i receive this error while running the project i get get below error, please let me know what need to be corrected

2018-05-14 16:38:17.512 ERROR [4444] - <connectivity.manager.HTTPServer1Manager> Exception from creating chain manager: HTTPServer manager configuration port must be an integer
2018-05-14 16:38:17.512 ERROR [4444] - Failed to initialize correlator: Connectivity plug-ins startup failure

Hi Raj, it’s hard to tell without seeing your configuration file, but it looks like you have some invalid data in the port value for your HTTPServer manager configuration - it should be a positive integer, but it appears to be something else.

HTH,
Matt

Can you please attach your complete correlator log?

How to change HTTPS server configuration? Also i dont find option to attach, can somone guide me?

Hi there Raj,

Maybe you could mention the location you got this sample from (whether in your Apama installation or from a webpage)? The tutorial sample provided with the product that uses Temperature is installed at APAMA_HOME\tutorials\EPL_FundamentalsCompleted but doesn’t use the HTTPServer so I guess you’re looking at something different?

Are you using the project from Software AG Designer? If so, there will be a node in the project explorer underneath your project providing easy access to the connectivity plugin configuration files. If not, look in /config. The HTTP server port will be in one of the .properties files.

Hope that helps

Thanks Ben for your reply.

I have changed the properties for HTTPServer as you mentioned but there is UMconnectivity error.

Here is what i am doing

1. Created new project based on Apama tutorial
  2. After adding the code that writes message to screen run the project
  3. so after running the project i get error

Now the error is related to UMconnectivity

2018-05-15 13:51:46.149 ERROR [8736] - Connectivity plug-ins: Exception while creating chain manager umTransport.umManager: Error while opening: UMConnectivity.dll or a library it depends on for the plug-in: umManager: The specified module could not be found. (126)
2018-05-15 13:51:46.150 ERROR [8736] - Failed to initialize correlator: Connectivity plug-ins startup failure

Hi Raj,
The UM libraries are not included as part of the Apama Community download because UM is a commercial product.

Hope that helps to answer your issue.
Dan

I’m still intrigued by which tutorial this is you’re following. Maybe you could mention the location you got this sample from (whether in your Apama installation or from a webpage)? The tutorial sample provided with the product that uses Temperature is installed at APAMA_HOME\tutorials\EPL_FundamentalsCompleted but doesn’t use the HTTPServer so I guess you’re looking at something different?

Ben and others,

I found that when creating new Apama project, some default bundles are auto selected, which is the reason for these HTTPServer and UMConnectivity issues.

Thanks,
Raj

Ah OK that makes sense. When you create a project you are given the choice to add some connectivity as part of the process, and whatever options you select are used as defaults next time you create a project, to save time. So you would have previously created a project with those connectivity options and perhaps omitted to remove them the next time you create a project.

Either way, if you don’t need them in this project, just use right-click menu in the project explorer to remove them.

1 Like