Entire-server write-file view

Hi All

i am using the entire server view write-file for writing the return codes particulary jcl steps after reading them using Read-Spool view .

Now the problem is i am able to view/display the record of read-spool but when i try to write the record to output-file it runs for the first time, and the output ps properties are changed after the execution of the program and Process write-file is not working from the next time.
Even there is no specific return code.

Can any one help me out .

Thanks in advance.[/b]

Hi
could you specify your request in more detail or maybe send the part of your NAT pgm that makes understanding more easy?
In case you think it might be a product problem it would make sense to contact support directly.

Hardy

Please find the below code :
DEFINE DATA
LOCAL USING TSTPGML1
LOCAL USING WRITE-L
LOCAL
1 £MESSAGE3 (A40)
1 £LIB-PARAM (A44) INIT <‘I043304.PDSDK.SRCEC’>
1 £FUNCTION (A8 )
END-DEFINE
FIND READ-SPOOL-VIEW WITH JOB-NUMBER = 845
AND READ-SPOOL-VIEW.JOB-NAME = ‘TESTJOB’
AND READ-SPOOL-VIEW.DATA-SET-KEY = 2
AND READ-SPOOL-VIEW.NODE = 183
AND READ-SPOOL-VIEW.TYPE = ‘SM’
IF ERROR-CODE NE 0
WRITE ‘=’ ERROR-CODE
END-IF
MOVE READ-SPOOL-VIEW.RECORD TO £MESSAGE3
DISPLAY £MESSAGE3
£FUNCTION := ’ ’
IF READ-SPOOL-VIEW.RECORD NE ’ ’
PERFORM WRITE
END-IF
END-FIND
£FUNCTION := ‘CLOSE’
PERFORM WRITE
RESET WRITE-FILE.FUNCTION

• ==========
    DEFINE SUBROUTINE WRITE
  • ==========

PROCESS WRITE-FILE USING DSNAME = £LIB-PARAM,
MEMBER = ‘OUTPUT1’,
RECORD = READ-SPOOL-VIEW.RECORD,
NODE = 183,
FUNCTION := £FUNCTION
IF WRITE-FILE.ERROR-CODE NE 0
WRITE ‘=’ WRITE-FILE.ERROR-CODE
END-IF
END-SUBROUTINE
END

i can verify that the spool-record is selected by the display message3.

It got executed for the first time, but the resulted output file is of repeated spool-records, and PDS is completly changed, when i try to edit and save any member of the pds it is giving the below message

" IEC813I PDS OWNER: JN=NATPRFO ,SYSNAME=DKD1 ,TCB=00AC6868,ASID=0116
IEC143I 213-30,IFG0194D,I043304,IKJACCNT,ISP04172,1013,DKUSR8,I043304.PDSDK.SRCEC "

Hope this much information will help you in zeroing the problem.
Please let me know if any more information if i need to provide.

Thanks
Raja

Hi,
z/OS Sytem messages doc says for IEC813I:

“For PDS, the system is in the process of issuing abend 213-30 because an attempt has been made to open a PDS for OUTPUT, DISP=SHR, but the PDS is already open in this condition.”

Not being too familiar with Entire System Server, I guess that the PDS should be closed after write operation.

Aldo

thanks for the example. we verified it and it worked. Maybe you don’t have the latest zap updates. Please cross check and if it still doen’t work open a defect that we can track it.

Thanks for the replies Hardy and Aldo.

Yes Aldo the error is because of the file was open by the program itself and hence the above said error was thrown.

Hardy,

I had done a small change in the program and tried to execute it by directly giving the DSNAME only instead of DSNAME and Member.

I gave the PS file name. Then the program is working but it is taking so much time to write the file into the specified output PS file. For displaying the spool-file details there is no delay but when i try to write it into an PS or PDS its taking very long time till that time the file will be in USE or in open condition.

I will try to check about the ZAP files update which you had mentioned.

One small query from my side is does this ZAP file update will help me in reducing the delay in the processing of write file.

Once again thank you very much for your replies.

Thanks
Raja.