EJB Adapter installation/configuration issues

I’m having trouble getting the EJB adapter installed and configured properly with broker server 5.0. I’ve installed webLogic 6.1 and the EJB adapter, copied weblogic.jar to the \wment411\lib\jars directory, and edited the webLogic61JNDIParams.prop file to point to localhost. I added \bea\wlserver6.1\lib\weblogic.jar to the classpath on the Java tab in adapter config. Everytime I hit OK in the adapter configuration window for the EJB adapter, it begins testing the configuration and gets to “Start adapter process in test mode” before producing errors in weblogic and the adapter config tool. I’ve included the errors from both below. Does anyone know what is causing this?

ADAPTER_CONFIG ERROR:

Task: Start adapter process in test mode:
[Adapter] (085) The adapter process could not start up.
EJBAdapterException wraps this: type(javax.naming.CommunicationException) msg(null)
com.wm.adapter.ejb.server.EJBAdapterException: EJBAdapterException wraps this: type(javax.naming.CommunicationException) msg(null)

Because of the errors shown above, this adapter process cannot be enabled! You can only save this entry without enabling it.

WEBLOGIC ERROR:

<Mar 7, 2002 10:01:34 AM EST> <failure in processSockets() - GetData: ‘weblogic.socket.GetData@4ca6ad - fd: ‘3272’, numBytes: ‘1227’’
java.util.EmptyStackException
at weblogic.utils.collections.Stack.pop(Stack.java:72)
at weblogic.rjvm.InboundMsgAbbrev.getAbbrev(InboundMsgAbbrev.java:85)
at weblogic.rjvm.MsgAbbrevInputStream.readImmutable(MsgAbbrevInputStream.java:172)
at weblogic.rjvm.MsgAbbrevInputStream.readClassDescriptor(MsgAbbrevInputStream.java:186)
at weblogic.common.internal.ChunkedObjectInputStream$NestedObjectInputStream.readClassDescriptor(ChunkedObjectInputStream.java:300)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.inputClassDescriptor(ObjectInputStream.java:906)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:366)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:236)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.inputObject(ObjectInputStream.java:1186)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:386)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:236)
at weblogic.common.internal.ChunkedObjectInputStream.readObject(ChunkedObjectInputStream.java:110)
at weblogic.common.internal.ChunkedObjectInputStream.readObject(ChunkedObjectInputStream.java:123)
at weblogic.rjvm.ConnectionManager.readPeerInfo(ConnectionManager.java:683)
at weblogic.rjvm.ConnectionManagerServer.handleIdentifyRequest(ConnectionManagerServer.java:255)
at weblogic.rjvm.ConnectionManager.dispatch(ConnectionManager.java:617)
at weblogic.rjvm.t3.T3JVMConnection.dispatch(T3JVMConnection.java:454)
at weblogic.socket.NTSocketMuxer.processSockets(NTSocketMuxer.java:643)
at weblogic.socket.SocketReaderRequest.execute(SocketReaderRequest.java:24)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:139)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:120)

did you use jdk 1.3 to run the adapter?

Yes.

i had the same problem before. what i did was to replace the /java directory which contains older version of jdk with a new jdk 13 and it work.

I ahd the same issue. It turned out not to be a JDK version but actually an incorrect userid/password! This appears to be the error thrown when it can’t login and get a list of the beans through JNDI.

Hope that helps!

Sincerely,

Scott

I am also facing same problem, can anyone tell what exactly we need to do. I am having JDK1.3.1.
I even tried to install weblogic 6.1 on my local machine and try to configure adapter but no luck.
Any response will be highly appriciated.
Atul