Edge: unable to unpack WebApp zip (App Builder)

Hi all,

i want to add the Application Bulder to a Edge instance of Cumulocity IoT and get an error immediately after the upload of the zip file. The WebApp is not added after that.
I tried it in the edge and in the management(parent) tenant with the same result.
Do you have an idea? Where can i see more logs?

What product/components do you use and which version/fix level are you on?

Backend 1011.0.12 and UI 1011.0.0

Is your question related to the free trial, or to a production (customer) instance?

production

What are you trying to achieve? Please describe it in detail.

i want to add the Application Bulder to a Edge instance of Cumulocity IoT

Do you get any error messages? Please provide a full error message screenshot and log file.

Unable to unpack file : /tmp/cumulocity-core-karaf/applicationArchive736164338254422847.tmp

Have you installed all the latest fixes for the products and systems you are using?

I dont think so,
Backend 1011.0.12 and UI 1011.0.0

I tried it with App builder Version 1.3.2 and Version 1.2.8-1

A file with extension *.tmp is a partial download. Either your download didn’t complete yet, or it failed. I guess you should retry the download to get the full archive. That would have an extension of *.tgz

Thank you for your response Jelle,

The download i have is the complete 9.94 MB .zip file. Maybe the upload to the edge tenant happens only partly. Is there a way how i can debug this?

HI Simeon,

You can try again uploading zip file.
I guess you need to login into management tenant(if not done) and upload zip file.

We found out that the issue is not Application Builder related, the same error message also appears when uploading an Hello World Microservice.

When posting the zip file to the “binaries”-page in cumulocity it uploads completely. its only the post to this endpoint {{url}}/application/applications/{id]/binaries which gives me the error mentioned above. Cumulocity IoT - OpenAPI Specification

Hi Simeon,

This may be a disk space issue. Can you run this command from the console? df -h
That will provide information on the disk usage. You can also try rebooting the VM as that can clear up disk space and allow you to upload the application. I recommend opening a Support Incident so that we can look into this issue further for you.

Hi Kent,

thank you for your hint. The diskspace is not the problem, df -h shows me enougth free space in the VM where edge is running. I rebooted it via the UI (Configuring Cumulocity IoT Edge - Cumulocity IoT Guides) , what took quite a while. It wasn’t first my approach to reboot it because i didn’t know if it will break something.

Now, when i uploaded the App Builder .zip the error does not show anymore. It says “Application created”, and after adding the subscription to the edge tenant i can open the App Builder in the edge Tenant. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the support, best regards, Simeon

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.