Dynamically changing user name and pwd

Hi all,

Is it possible to change the adapter connection user name and password dynamically??

Thanks
Kevin

As far as I know there is nothing of the bat from webMethods. We might end up writing service using wm.server package. But not sure if someone already has something written.

Ram,

Thanks for your inputs…I will look into wm.server package.

Experts, any other thoughts???

Kevin

There is a shareware available Simple Adapter Service Alias Changer that has some services in this direction, see if it helps.
Adnan

i understand it is possible in wM 6.5. where you can change your connection @ runtime.

you can have multiple connections configured during development and select the appropriate connection @ runtime. You need to pass a value to [FONT=PalatinoLinotype-Roman][SIZE=2]

$connectionName variable.

[FONT=PalatinoLinotype-Roman][SIZE=2]

Please note that the $connectionName field is present only in services…

[/size][/font][FONT=Wingdings-Regular][SIZE=1][COLOR=#808080]

[/color][/size][/font][FONT=PalatinoLinotype-Roman][SIZE=2]created with Developer 6.5

[/size][/font][FONT=Wingdings-Regular][SIZE=1][COLOR=#808080]

[/color][/size][/font]created with Developer 6.1 (or earlier) and edited with Developer 6.5

[FONT=PalatinoLinotype-Roman][SIZE=2]HTH

[/size][/font][/SIZE][/FONT]

Only “adapter” which is designed for this would be the WmDB package. We have somebody who programmatically changed adapter connection for JDBC Adapter, and there are some things to watch out for. For example, things tend to go weird if you have open connections, of you have service with multiple transactions that gets changed in the middle…

The WmDB package should be avoided in favor of using the JDBC adapter. There are many reasons for this which have been covered in previous threads.