I’m excited to invite you to our next IoT Developers Group event. The event is open to everyone.
Cumulocity IoT provides a MQTT endpoint dedicated to the Cumulocity Data format to connect MQTT Devices. But what about devices using a pre-defined topic structure and JSON payload? In this event, we will demonstrate how this can be achieved - on a concept level and in a live demo.
The base of this session is this extension: GitHub - SoftwareAG/cumulocity-dynamic-mqtt-mapper: Dynamic MQTT Mapper to connect to any MQTT Broker, subscribe on topics and dynamically map & forward data to Cumulocity IoT
The following topics will be covered:
- Dynamic MQTT Mapping Solution Architecture
- MQTT Topic & Data Mapping - Using a graphical UI to map device data to Cumulocity IoT Domain Model
- Extension: Cumulocity MQTT Mapper
- Extension: Cumulocity MQTT Mapping UI
- Live Demo: Connecting a device with an example topic structure & payload to Cumulocity IoT. Mapping of data to Cumulocity IoT Domain Model in a zero-code approach.
- When to use & next steps
If you have any questions, ideas, or feedback related to the event, please post them as a reply below. We’d love to hear your thoughts.