Disabling the triggers for 2 days--Will the Broker go Down ?

Hi,

In the our project there is a requirement that when it goes live to production, i will have to disable to the triggers for 2 days.

Reason being, that the source should be able to publish the data, but during these 2 days, the target system is not going to be available. When the target system becomes available on the 3rd day, I will enable the triggers so that data can flow to it.

Question:
Is there a chance that the broker will come down because of this ? ( The frequency of publishing is medium scale i.e. around 4000 per/day. The size of the documents is very small, with maximum 15 fields in it)
[/list]

Is there any precautionary measure that i need to take( like increase queue capacity, save queue to a file) ? If yes, how?

Hi Harshad,

Untill and unless there is no burden on the broker, it will be up and running. As you are stating docs are ~4k/per day and doc size is less then absolutely broker keeps running.

Thanks,

1 Like

Hi Harshad,

If you have GEAR documents with you, it has Broker sizing document which gives you an estimate of Broker.stor and Broker.log sizes. After doing diligent calculation you can have confidence.

I am confident that your broker storage and log is minimum of 1GB, which can holds 8K docs fairly.

HTH.

Thanks,
Rankesh