Digital Twin features in Cockpit are missing for inventory users

What product/components do you use and which version/fix level are you on?

Digital Twin Manager 10.15.0.0.318
Cockpit 10.15.0.278

Is your question related to the free trial, or to a production (customer) instance?

Production instance (APJ)

What are you trying to achieve? Please describe it in detail.

I am trying to create an inventory user having access to a single part of the asset tree that I created with DTM. Technically it is working, the user can only see these assets in Cockpit and I get no error, but I get different things in the UI shown.
When I log in with the admin user I can see the icons in the left navigation from DTM and when I click on an asset I see on the right side the properties of this asset (next to the sub assets).
When I log in with the inventory user I cannot see either. In the navigation I see the standard group icon for every asset and the properties part is not there at all (I only see the sub assets).
I see no failed calls in browser console.
Is that maybe a permission issue that these parts in the UI are only shown when certain permissions are present? I already tried giving DTM READ without any effect.
Besides that technically there seems no impact or missing functionality. When I add a dashboard with device properties widget I can see all the properties.

Hi Tobias,

there shouldn’t be any additional permissions required for using Inventory Roles properly in DTM. Might be an issue in DTM and how it handles users having Inventory Roles. The DTM team is currently investigating your findings and will come back to you.

Best regards
Christian

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.