Difference between Broker and Universal Messaging

What is the main difference between Broker and Universal Messaging?
Also, I want to know about the differences and methods for UM’s transmission system (ex.Queue, Topic, Data Group …). In particular, with a focus on Data Group.

Check the link;

http://tech.forums.softwareag.com/techjforum/posts/list/52546.page

Thank you so much mahesh for sharing link

It seems that the link is not available any more. Could anyone share a new link?

Hi Felix ,

The link mentioned in this thread is available and I can access as well.

The attached document provides a comparison of features.
Hope this helps.
UM-Broker Comparison.pdf (306 KB)

4 Likes

Felix, yes you were right (even I got some error!) but now if you retry now it must take you there.

Thanks Jonathan , for sharing the document.

Hey Rankesh / Jonathan,

I’m just confused about the terminology used in the document shared by Jonathan.

NUMWI &
NUMWS

NUMWF &
NUMTF

what do they mean.

Thanks,
Arun Cholleti.

Hi Arun,

Those are different product codes of UM licenses…

NUMWI - With this you can expect similar behaviour as in Broker and it doesn’t support Active-Active clustering. If users are using Broker then can get a free swap to this UM license which means no extra cost involved in migrating to UM.

NUMWS - Apart from the features provided by NUMWI, this also supports Active-Active clustering.

NUMWF - Fully featured license. This supports additional features like AMQP, MQTT, JavaScript and mobile support. Additionally it also supports Data Groups, web proxies, schedulers etc…

NUMTF- Fully featured Terracotta license. This should be used if we are using UM as standalone and not being used for messaging within webMethods products.

Hope it helps !!

Regards,
Ashok

2 Likes

Ashok,

Thanks for responding.

Many thanks for the information.

Arun Cholleti

Thanks a lot for the document.

Ashok,

Thanks for the response.

How do find out what of the above features do we have to 9.12 trial version for UM

Thanks,
Arun Cholleti.