Difference Between 7.1 and 8.2

Can anybody please tell me what are the new feature available in the 8.2 apart from eclipse integrated with designer.

Hi,

There are many … I would refer to empower website for complete list.
The one which I personally like is the ability to kill a JVM specific thread corresponding to an IS flow service for example. This is very useful in case thread is stuck or locked and is utilizing too much resources. in previous IS it was necessary to shutdown whole IS to get rid of them (depending of their type or how they were designed…)

Jeremy

This is a bit off-topic but does anyone have details on how they implemented the ability to kill a hung service (by killing its thread)? I wonder because generally killing a thread is bad news. Sun deprecated Thread.stop due to issues described at [URL]JDK 19 Documentation - Home

That page explains how threads should be safely stopped. I wonder if wM did something along these lines? If not, then one should probably consider restarting IS at the earliest convenient time after forcing a thread to be killed.

Don’t know how they did it, can’t imagine they can keep up with the multitude of different types of threads that are running and safely stop them, but you never know. I’ve used the thread.interrupt before which works but I can’t imagine that on the scale of the entire integration server.:eek:

Good to know these kind of topics running thru nice points raised :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.