Developing data-grid using web sdk

c8Y-frontend version: 1015.0.235

I am developing an angular component using c8y-data-grid in my angular application.
but in the data grid component I want the edit button to be on every tab of row means
instead of having edit button at last I want it at Id, Name, Type Owner etc and function also how to edit it, also the delete button appears only when I hover over it, I want it always visible

Hi @rushikesh_n,

First of all the the 1015 version of the Web SDK/Cumulocity is already out of support and we would recommend to upgrade to a supported version.

The data grid allows you to define your own renderer components. This way you can have your edit button visible for all the cells you would like to have it. The logic for editing and saving entries would have to be defined on your own. Samples for custom cell renderers can be found in the tutorial application.

If you use a different type then DELETE or BuiltInActionType.Delete for your delete action, it will be always shown like e.g. the edit action. Otherwise you can also just define your own action column with your own cell renderers for the delete action.

Regards,
Tristan

1 Like