Default focus on dropdown option in ModalDialog

Hi All,

Could you please advise how can I set default focus on a dropdown which is present in a modal dialog which opens on load of a portlet.

Tried below options but focus is always going to the text area (Multi line input) box which is present next to the dropdown.

Set Form control → Properties → Display → TabIndex to empty and
a) set tab index as 1 for dropdown element and index values 2,3 so on for other controls – didn’t work
b) set focus explicitly on the dropodown on load of the page with below code in a script block – didn’t work

CAF.model("#{activePageBean.clientIds['htmlSelectOneMenu1']}").setFocused(true);
c) bind Form control --> Properties --> Display --> TabIndex with the dropdown control accessor - didn't work 

PS: If the dropdown and text area components are in portlet (directly under Form control) rather than in Modal Dialog box, then I am able to set default focus on dropdown using the above mentioned options.

Please find the attached sample package which depicts this scenario. Could you please advise how can I set default focus on dropdown element?

Environment:
MWS server: 7.1.3
Designer 7.1.3

Kind regards,
Raj
SAGTabIndexPackage.zip (16.3 KB)

Set “Default Focus” property of the modal dialog to “htmlSelectOneMenu1”
Hope this property available in 7.1.3

HTH
Mervin

Thanks Mervin. Yes, default focus option is present for Modal Dialog in 7.1.3. am able to set default focus now.

Kind regards,
Raj