db folder under Public Package

According to documentation, there is a db folder under Public Package which can be used to to make connection to Database, committ and rollback. But I did not find it in my Public package both 6.5 and 7.1. In short, I want to handle committ and rollback upon successfull and failure transactions.

Any words please.

Regards,
Faisal.

Hi,

Services which you are referring to are in WmDB.

There is other way also to achieve commit and rollback by using WmPRT services (ex: pub.art.transaction:commitTransaction) by using jdbc adapter local/XA connection.

Regards,
Sumit

First Thanks for the reply.

This is my first time dealing with such Package. Can you little bit breif the steps from beginning to end. Let say I have created JDBC adapter and then I will just use WmArt Package services. How I will relate JDBC Connection instance to WmArt Services?

Hi,

I would recommend you to go through documentation (6-5_JDBC_Adapter_Users_Guide.pdf).
You can find answer to your question on page 235.

Regards,
Sumit

Hi,

I would really appreciate if you attach this document because unforunatly, this document in our WebMethod documentation directory contains installation procedule and not user guide which is very strange. Attch is for your reference.

Thanks again,
Faisal

Hi Faisal,

I cannot attach due to size restrictions.

Everything you can get it from advantage.
Go to Bookshelf → Product Documentation → JDBC Adapter

Regards,
Sumit

Thanks no need to send. i got it

Regards,
Faisal

Look in the WmART package services (start,commit,rollbackTransaction stubs)…not under WmPRT… just a correction for above…

HTH,
RMG