Date Type for inserting into Oracle databse

I have date in a string format in my Pipeline in. I need to insert the date into Oracle database which has to be in date data type. How can i convert a string into date data type so that I can insert the date data type in the database. Any help will be appreciated.

Michael,

In the JDBC Adapter insert service when you select JDBC input field type java.lang.string,but still the AS will pull the Date as date data type.So i dont think this will cause any failure when you insert the Date into DB in the form of string type.

Please let us know if still problem persists.

HTH,
RMG

HI RMG:

Thanks for the reply. When I am trying to map the insert date field of the table with a string date type from the pipeline in, it is throwing the error.

Michael,

You should change in the Adapter service and select JDBC Input Field Type as (java.lang.string)instead of java.dateTimeStamp,so this makes service input type as string variable instead of date object.This makes mapping works.

Sorry if my comments are not so clear.

HTH,
RMG

Thanks RMG

We changed the Oracle date field type from Date to Timestamp type. And It worked for our situation. Thank you for your help. WIll need help in future, please reply to my queries.

Regards,

Glad to help anytime, if at all i have any clue.