DataSource Class Not Found When Configuring JDBC Adapter Connection

I’m trying to configure my first JDBC Adapter Connection by following the WM users guide. When I try to enable the adapter I get the following exception:

com.wm.pkg.art.error.DetailedServiceException: [ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource WD_JDBC_Connections:IVR_Lookup.
[ART.118.5036] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to configure connection manager.
[ADA.1.200] The JDBC DataSource class “com.ddtek.jdbcx.sqlserver.SQLServerDataSource” cannot be located.

This is surprising to me because the standard WM connections are using the DataDirect drivers. We’re running IS 6.1 on Sun’s JVM 1.4.2 with JDBC Adapter package version 6.0.3. I’m connecting to a Microsoft SQL Server 2000 database. I’m trying to use the XA_TRANSACTION transaction type. Thanks,

Tim

Please search in this site,various threads discussed on the same problem when connecting to SQL Server 2000 DB.

HTH,
RMG

I did spend a lot of time reading threads on this site. I’m not trying to waste anybody’s time. I did not find anything that solved my problem. I did get the connection to work, finally. For one thing the WM docs were either wrong or outdated about the name of the DataSource class. I got it to work using the name “com.wm.dd.jdbcx.sqlserver.SQLServerDataSource” instead of the same name with “ddtek” instead of “dd” that the documentation listed. Also, I had to change from XA_TRANSACTION to LOCAL_TRANSACTION. Thanks,

Tim

Sorry if my above posting mean differently.

Thanks for update though.