CustomSQL Adapter "AS" not working

I’ve created an adapter service and trying to run custom Sql. I’ve ran this “select SerialNumber from Equipment” and it works but when i run this “select SerialNumber as sd from Equipment” It doesn’t work.

It returns the error:

Could not run ‘SqlDataPull’
com.wm.pkg.art.error.DetailedServiceException: [ART.117.4002] Adapter Runtime (Adapter Service): Unable to invoke adapter service ict.ODD.priv.adapters:SqlDataPull.
[ADA.1.316] Cannot execute the SQL statement “select SerialNumber as sd from Equipment”. "
(S0022/0) Column ‘SerialNumber’ not found."
Column ‘SerialNumber’ not found.

Yet as far as i can tell its the correct way for the Designer as that’s what there online documentation says.

Hi Connor,

do you require the serialnumber returned as sd?
As the query looks quite simple I think a simple Select template will be a better choice and the output field can be renamed in the Input/Output of the service.
If this is not an option for you please explain your use case why you want to use custom sql service here.

Regards,
Holger

This query is just me testing the adaptor service as its my first time using it. But for the actual query it will be a bit more complicated and will need the AS in there for what i plan on using the data for.

@noob, I just tried it on my local SQL Server instance and it worked as expected. I’m running IS 10.11 with Core Fix 4 with MS SQL JDBC driver 9.4.1 against a SQL Server Express 15 instance. I have a simple table called “people” with a column called “firstName”. When I ran: select firstName from people

This was my output:

Then when I ran: select firstName as fn from people

This was my output:

I’m guessing you may be running into incompatibility issues. Perhaps you require an updated JDBC driver or a fix to be applied to the JDBC adapter. Feel free to share the IS version and patch level along with the JDBC driver version and database vendor/version, and perhaps we can assist further.

Hope this helps,
Percio

Hi Connor,

in addition to Percios informations please povide your JDBC Adapter version and Patch Level as well.

Regards,
Holger

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.