Cumulocity IoT Free Trial FAQs

How do I request a Cumulocity IoT free trial?

Step 1 – Sign Up

The first thing you must do to request a free trial is to go to this link: IoT Platform | Cumulocity IoT | Software AG

Then click on the “TRY FOR FREE” button:

On the next screen, enter your first name, last name, email address, and desired password, and check the boxes for the agreements:

After you complete this and click “Sign up”, you will be met with this screen:

Step 2 – Email

Note: In some rare cases, it may take up to 2–3 hours for the email to arrive, but normally you will have it in your inbox in no more than 10 minutes.

This is what it looks like:

Open it and click on the “Log in now” button:

Log in with your username, which is the email address you signed up with, and your password:

Step 3 – Environment Name

This is what the environment looks like:

Remember to write down your environment name(envXXXXXX (6 digits)), which you can see in the URL. Of course, mine is blurred :grinning::

You will need this the next time you log in:

Confirmation Email taking longer than expected

In case you do not receive the confirmation email in the first 5-10 minutes but you are eager to get in and try stuff out, here is a workaround:

Step 1 – Forgot Environment Name

Go back to this screen and click the “Log in here” link, above the First Name Box:

Then on this screen, click on “Forgot environment name”:

Here, enter your email and click on the “Get email” button:

Step 2 – Email

This is what the email you should get looks like:

In the email, click on “Log in to envXXXXXX”:

Step 3 – Free Trial Setup

You will be redirected to your environment, and it will look like this:

Click on the “Start Free Trial" button in the Cumulocity IoT box. Read the terms and conditions and click on the “Start Free Trial” button:

The Cumulocity IoT box will move up, under “Your Software AG Cloud products”:

Wait for 5–10 minutes for the setup and click on the “Open” button:

Congratulations, you are in!

How long is the Cumulocity IoT free trial?

When you sign up for the free trial, you will get immediate access to Cumulocity IoT. The trial runs for 30 days. After 30 days, you have the option to convert it into a paid subscription of either a Basic or Advanced Package, which will preserve your data and configurations. You can cancel your trial or your subscription at any time. If you do not choose to convert your trial, your tenant will be suspended, and the data will be deleted after 7 days.

Can a Cumulocity IoT free trial be extended?

Yes, you can extend your free trial from My Cloud. You will need to log in to My Cloud and click the “Extend Free Trial” button under Cumulocity IoT:

More info about the self-service extensions:

• When a user hits the “extend trial” button, the free trial will extend once and add 30 days to the current expiration date.
  • The “Extend Free Trial” button appears within 14 days of the expiration date.
  • The user can extend up to two times, for a total of 90 days per trial. After two extensions, the “Extend Free Trial” button is disabled and there is a choice to contact us to upgrade.

Can premium features be added to a trial for testing?

Additional features like our DataHub, machine learning capabilities, microservice hosting, etc., are not part of the free trial. However, it is possible to add premium features for testing purposes. These modifications can only be initiated by the Software AG Sales team. To begin the process, please complete this form.

Cannot create a Cumulocity tenant.

If you’re experiencing difficulties with creating a tenant, we recommend checking the Status Page for any scheduled maintenance. Additionally, you can subscribe to be notified whenever maintenance activities are planned.

How can I cancel my trial or my subscription?

To unsubscribe, email support@cumulocity.com or use the web form. Monthly fees are pre-paid and non-refundable if the service is used for only a fraction of the month. Upon terminating the trial or subscription, your tenant will be suspended at the end of the period you paid for, and the data will be deleted 7 days after the end of the period.

Are there any hardware/OS requirements or limitations?

Cumulocity IoT is offered as a cloud-native solution and thus does not depend on your hardware/OS. You can use whatever hardware/OS you prefer and don’t need to worry about maintenance, updates, or scaling.

Where can I find support for the Cumulocity IoT free trial?

If you are a free trial user, you can share your question on the Community Forum, and we will make sure to answer it as soon as possible. You can also directly reach out to us using the feedback form within the application:

Do you have a specific offering for universities and schools?

Yes, there is a so-called “IoT Education Package” available for educational and research purposes. This is a free introductory course that includes an entire IoT scenario with training materials and is realized using a smartphone. Additional perks include a 90-day subscription and an online certification.

Read more and subscribe now for the IoT Education Package!

Other questions

If you have a problem not mentioned in the article, please create a new topic on the Cumulocity IoT forum: Cumulocity-IoT Knowledge base articles, news, Community help, and support forum discussions

2 Likes