Cumulocity IoT Edge is an onsite, single-server variant of the Cumulocity IoT Core platform. It is delivered as a virtual appliance designed to run on industrial PC’s or local servers.
In the Cumulocity IoT Edge 10.5 release we offer new Edge capabilities and enhancements:
- Cumulocity IoT Edge 10.5 release is based on the 10.5 version of Cumulocity IoT Core . Therefore all new features in Administration, Cockpit, Device Management applications and related APIs are now available in Cumulocity IoT Edge.
- Furthermore Edge 10.5 brings:
- Hyper-V support as an additional hypervisor.
- Edge remote device management allows to register and remotely connect to one or multiple Edge devices from a Cumulocity Cloud Tenant via the Cloud remote-access UI.
- Furthermore, we have made some additional Edge specific performance, quality, packaging and stability improvements.
- Edge Microservice Hosting preview: For customer who are part of the Software AG Early Participant Program, we offer a first preview of the Cumulocity Microservice Hosting capabilities on the Edge. This allows you to easily deploy, run and monitor your custom microservices on the Edge.
- Cumulocity IoT Edge 10.5 includes Apama streaming analytics, so please also refer to the Apama 10.5 release announcement.
Note: The release date of Cumulocity IoT Edge 10.5 is 22.11.2019.
Release Notes are available on: https://cumulocity.com/guides/edge/overview/