Cumulocity Cloud & edge via data broker

Product/components used and version/fix level:

Cumulocityy Cloud & edge via data broker

Detailed explanation of the problem:

I have a clarification request regarding the behavior between Edge nodes and cloud C8Y via data broker:

when I connect an edge to a cloud tenant via data broker:

on the tenant cloud do I see all the devices and related data as if they were registered directly to the cloud?
Can I create and send operations to these devices from cloud through he edge so that the data broker on the edge receives the operations commands and sends them to the device ?
therefore essentially the communication between edge and cloud is bidirectional?

Hi @GiovanniLuca.Favalli

welcome to the IoT Community! :wink:

Yes and No: You see the devices in the cloud in groups with an icon that make sure that they are synced from another tenant. You see the devices and data you have configured in the data broker to be copied. You can work with them as they would directly connected to the cloud tenant (with some limitations)

This also includes operations: If you create an operation in the cloud tenant it will be forwarded to the source tenant & device, meaning executed accordingly.

Please note that any other changes made in the target tenant like (changing names, adding additional data etc.) are not synced backed to the source tenant.

Check out the documentation about it:

https://cumulocity.com/guides/users-guide/enterprise-tenant/#data-broker