This tutorial describes how to build and deploy a custom widget in the Cumulocity Application Builder
- Create a new tenant: https://cumulocity.com/try-for-free/
- Any IDE like Visual Studio Code or commandline tool to access terminal
- Install NPM and Node.js
Install Cumulocity Application Builder
- Cumulocity application builder is available in Github - https://github.com/SoftwareAG/cumulocity-app-builder
- Download and install the latest version of application builder on your cumulocity tenant.
Build Custom Widget
- You can develop widget as per your requirement.
- A sample widget which you can upload to app builder is here - https://github.com/SoftwareAG/cumulocity-runtime-widget
- Download the code to your local machine. In terminal, navigate to the widget folder and execute the below commands
- npm install
- npm run build
- The execution of above commands will create a new folder named dist and you will find a widget.zip file.
Deploy Custom Widget
- Login to Cumulocity tenant and open the application builder from App switcher
- Create a new application.
- On the right top, you will have an option to Install Widget
- Browse and Select the widget.zip file and click on Upload button to upload the custom widget to cumulocity tenant.
- The newly installed widget can be accessed in the Add Widget Option