Creating a zipfile and sending it over HTTP

What product/components do you use and which version/fix level are you on?

webMethods-io Integration
We are on cloud, should be the latest version/fix

Is your question related to the free trial, or to a production (customer) instance?

Customer Instance

What are you trying to achieve? Please describe it in detail.

What we are trying to achieve is to create a .zip and send it over http, currently our workflow creates a file through the “Write File” node, and use the link generated to zip it through the “Zip Files” node. Where we start struggling is to somehow get this zip file, so we can use this as body in our HTTP call, preferably binary. We have tried to use the “Read File” node for this purpose, but the data come back seemingly corrupted.

Is there maybe a way to reference the link created by the “Zip Files” to be used as the RequestBody?
What would be the best practice to make this work?

Extra question:
How do we delete the created files after use?
Is there a way to create a folder? We need to zip 2 files together into 1 zip file.

Have you installed all the latest fixes for the products and systems you are using?

We are on cloud, should be the latest version/fix

If you’re reading the file back in via read file, make sure to set the decoding option correctly, e.g. if I do this to set it to base64:

I get the base64 value back.

If I set it to buffer:

What you’re probably seen is a string representation of a zip file, which isn’t corrupted - it’s a binary file.

e.g. - if I change it to ascii:

On the deleting question - the workflow engine will be recycled after completion so the files should not exist on a subsequent run.

You cannot create folders - the engine does not give full access to the file system.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.