Create a service from a WSDL

There is something that I can’t understand about WSDL and webMethods.

We can create a web Service connector from a WSDL file that is used to invoke a remote web service.
We can create a service on web methods and generates the WSDL file to invoke this service remotely.

But how can we create a service (or at least its skeleton) from an existing WSDL file ?
And How could we invoke this service remotely ?

Thanks for your answer

olivier,

webservice connector is nothing but a flow service which invokes the web service using the protocol defined in the wsdl.

ramesh.

all right, but I’d like to know how to generate a service skeleton from a WSDL file ?

olivier,

right click on the folder in which you want to create the webservice connector.select the webservice connector option and specify the path where the wsdl is located.there you go…for more info, look into the web services documentation.

ramesh.

Olivier,

What do you mean by “generate a service skeleton”?

Mark

I would like to generate a flow service that has an object soapRequestData in input, call required services in package pub.soap
Then I could map the data, implement my service and return a soapResponse Data Object.

olivier,

this cannot be done through a wizard in webMethods.create a flow service and use pub.soap.utils:requestResponseSpec as the specification reference.use the services in pub.soap folder to get the soapData and send the response as per your requirements.

ramesh.

olivier,

one more thing i dont understand is, do you want to expose one of the flow services as a web service or are you acting as a consumer of a webservice hosted by others.

ramesh.