Copy events between tenants into specific device

What product/components do you use and which version/fix level are you on?

Cumulocity IoT 10.13.xxx

Is your question related to the free trial, or to a production (customer) instance?

no

What are you trying to achieve? Please describe it in detail.

I am trying to copy events from device A on tenant A to a specific device on tenant B. It looks like I am missing something with Data Broker, it keeps creating a new device on tenant B whenever I configure a connector. Any idea how to solve it?

Hi Nick,

not sure if I got your problem 100% but the data broker will always copy the event correlated to a specific device of the source tenant to the target tenant.
Meaning, if the event was triggered for Device A in Tenant A the data broker will create device A in Tenant B and the correlated event.
It is not possible to just copy events and assign them β€œnew” devices in Tenant B. Or is the issue that multiple devices are created in the target tenant with the same name?

Can you post your data broker configuration, your expectation and some screens to better understand your issue?

Hi Stefan,
I guess I am trying to understand how Data Broker understands, that device A in tenant B is indeed device A. Use case: devices with its meta data are imported to multiple tenants (A and B) I need to copy events from the same device on tenant A to tenant B. How would Data Broker know, if device is already created on tenant B? In other words how would it pick the right managed object?

Hi Nick,

In the source tenant an external id is created for the device copied which contains the internal id of the target tenant and source tenant to correlate them.

External ID: ID of target Tenant MO
Type: ID of source Tenant MO

So if the device is updated it will use that info to pick the right MO.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.