ConvertToString outputs only record IDs no values

I’m trying to map to a flat file document type, use convertToString and save the output to a file. No matter what I do, I only get the delimited record IDs and no values. The values are in the pipeline at run time and I have validated the flat file document. ConvertToString returns no errors (signalError = true). I have tried the following changes to the schema without effect: unspecified extractors, specified extractors, ordered = true and false for all records, allow undef data = true and false for all records, record and field delimiters specified and unspecified. Nothing has made any difference. Does anyone know what can cause this behavior? Is there any way to debug this service? Thanks,

Tim

Do you see the string from the FF convertToString in the pipeline?If so saving the output to a file (writeToFile)should work.it sounds weird why the file is not saving the data even you see it in pipeline.

If you are able to convert the ffValues IDATA to FF string you can directly save to a file no debug necessary for this.

Please refresh the developer or refresh the flow cache(sorry if you might have done this trick already)

HTH,
RMG

Also for debugging dont set any inputs to flatfile:convertToString just map ffValues,set FFSchema name and see what happens.

HTH,
RMG

Thanks for the suggestions RMG. It’s sort of working now. I was using a schema that contained only record and field references to a dictionary. I was setting the extractors in the schema, when it looks like I should have been setting them in the dictionary. Once I did that I started getting field values in the output. The only odd thing is that it’s dropping the first 2 characters of the first field of each record. I’ll keep looking at that, but if you have any thoughts, let me know. Thanks,

Tim

I believe this is something to fix in the schema record/field index.
Can you check if the recorddefinition starting length is ignoring first 2 chars?

HTH,
RMG