Convert HTML to RTF

Guyz,

Is there is a way to convert html (or xml) to rtf document through webMethods?
Currently I am using an open source tool to do this conversion but would like to know if there are any other methods (java service using POI jars etc) to get this done?

scenario:

I have a help HTML page of an application and would like to see this information in a rtf document.

Cheers,
Akshith

You should check if webMethods is really the best point to do so.

If yes, I think there are some stylesheets available on the Web which perform the tasks. You can use those inside an XSLT service (probably some minro adaptions needed).

I did some research on the XSLT’s and found one which will convert XHTML to RTF. It is working fine but now i will have to look at the formatting of the RTF document as it is cumbersome. Thanks for the direction!

Cheers,
Akshith

If you need something more advanced, take a look at [url]http://poi.apache.org/[/url] :smiley:

Appreciate the pointer but converting to RTF from HTML is not fun using POI jars. I explored that part also and concluded that the easiest way with out spending much time is to just write an XSLT service to do the conversion. Also, there are lot of open source readily available XSLT’s that you can use and tweak a little bit to get them working.

Cheers,
Akshith