conversion from database to flatfile

Hi to All,

Firstly i taken " select adapter service " and then i took “convertToString” , i am giving the path to store the data to file (.txt) to outputfilename but i am not getting the result to the file.

Thanks in Advance

I hope you are providing a folder path of server where webMethods is installed and not your local system path from where you have Developer running.

Try without providing the file name and check if the string appears in pipeline.

-Senthil

What is the path you have give on the outputfilename variable in the setValue?

Also make sure the output string is as expected data:

HTH,
RMG

Hi Senthil,

Thanks for giving me reply,
My Server and web developer running on the same system. I removed the path which i gave in outputFileName as you said but still i am unable to get data in string in the pipeline.

Regards,
Reeta

Hi Rmg,
Thanks for your reply.I have given the file path in outputfilename variable where I want to save the filedata.

Regards,
Reeta

If you are not getting the string the pipeline that means some thing is not working right ie parsing to string as per the FFSchema…Do you see any errors in the pipeline?please try to debug more on the schema/file formatting.

For testing remove the outputfilename and make sure the string outputs as expected first.

HTH,
RMG.

Hi Rmg,
Sorry for late reply.I will check the schema/file formatting as you suggested and try to run the service again.

Thanks and Regards,
Reeta

Hi Rmg,
Sorry for late reply.I will check the schema/file formatting as you suggested and try to run the service again.

Thanks and Regards,
Reeta

sounds good…test closely see the pipeline: