Connection to broker failed: Incompatible Version (106-2024)

Hi All,

Im want to use Broker Version 6.0.1 as the JMS Provider, and place messages on the queue from IS 6.1 using JMS adapter 6.1.

When I try to enable the JMS connection I am getting the error:

[ART.118.5036] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to configure connection manager.
[ADA.680.910] Exception Creating QueueConnection using Connection factory “QueueConnectionFactory”.
Connection to broker failed: Incompatible Version (106-2024): Redelivery counting is not supported on this version of the Broker.

As per the JMS 6.1 adapter release notes it states that Broker 6.0.1 can be used as a JMS Provider.

I am getting the same error while creating the queues on Broker 6.0.1 from IS 6.1 using a shell script.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Gaurav.

I would advise against using an older Broker as your JMS Provider. Yes, it might technically work, but many improvements were made with the 6.1 and 6.5 Brokers with regards to JMS and JMS performance.

That said, look at the settings on the queue you are creating and see if there are any related to the “Redlivery Counting” portion of the message. If so, don’t specify those settings and try again.

Mark

Hi Mark,

Thanks a lot for your response.

The queues I have created dont have any settings relating to the “Redlivery Counting”.

We need to connect IS 6.1 with JMS adapter 6.1 to Broker 6.0.1 only for some time due to various contraints.
Eventually everything will be running on the 6.1 version.

Till that time I need to get this setup to work.

Thanks and Regards,
Gaurav.