Connect to Tamino timeout

in a asp.net page i try to connect to tamino 4.1.4, but connection times out
with following stacktrace :

Exception Details: System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed-out.

Source Error:

Line 30: {
Line 31: TaminoUserInfo userInfo = new TaminoUserInfo(“confiX”, “confix”);
Line 32: TaminoConnection connection = new TaminoConnection(“http://localhost/tamino/xCMS”, userInfo);
Line 33:
Line 34: connection.Close();

Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\xcmsweb\default.aspx.cs Line: 32

Stack Trace:

[WebException: The operation has timed-out.]
SoftwareAG.Tamino.Api.Common.Command.Execute()
SoftwareAG.Tamino.Api.TaminoConnection.Diagnose(String what)
SoftwareAG.Tamino.Api.TaminoConnection.GetDbVersion()
SoftwareAG.Tamino.Api.TaminoConnection.CheckDbVersion()
SoftwareAG.Tamino.Api.TaminoConnection…ctor(String connectionUri, TaminoUserInfo userInfo, TaminoPreference preference)
SoftwareAG.Tamino.Api.TaminoConnection…ctor(String connectionUri, TaminoUserInfo userInfo)
xCMSWeb.WebForm1.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\xcmsweb\default.aspx.cs:32
System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()

the same code called from shell app is functioning. the ASPNET and confiX user are tamino administrators, also impersonating confiX windows user and connecting to database fails also. Need URGENT help
TIA dom

Is it possible that the ASP environment is blocking general web access? I.e. is it permissible to do a “WebRequest.Create()” from within an ASP environment?

no the asp environment is not blocking the requests, also connections from another workstations succeed, but I can not connect neither to local tamino nor to the instance on another workstation,

bye Dom

When you say “connections from other workstations succeed” does that mean from within ASP or the command line?