Configuring JDBC Adaptor Error

Hello All
We are experiencing a problem trying to enable our JDBC adapter (6.0.2.) instances using Oracle 9i.
(Note: these errors only occur on our development server.
We can create and enable a successful connection on a our Test Integration server and on our laptops)

The errors are:

Error encountered
[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource Test.Connectionracle_connection.
[ART.118.5036] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to configure connection manager.
[ADA.1.200] The JDBC DataSource class “oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource” cannot be located.
oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource

The adapter is JDBC 6.0.2.

Here are the Connection properties:

Connection Type: JDBC Adapter Connection

Test.Connectionracle_connection Details
Connection Type JDBC Adapter Connection
Package Name Test

Connection Properties

Transaction Type LOCAL_TRANSACTION
DataSource Class oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource
serverName rizwans
user scott
password ******
databaseName ORCL
portNumber 1521
networkProtocol tcp
Other Properties

Connection Management Properties

Enable Connection Pooling true
Minimum Pool Size 1
Maximum Pool Size 10
Pool Increment Size 1
Block Timeout (msec) 1000
Expire Timeout (msec) 1000
Startup Retry Count 0
Startup Backoff Timeout (sec) 10

OS Windows Xp-Sp2

Current User SYSTEM

Working Dir C:\webMethods6\IntegrationServer

Any feedback ??

Rizwan

Rizwan,

Did you add the classes12.zip [or appropriate Oracle JDBC driver] to your …IntegrationServer/package/WmJDBCAdapter/code/jars directory? [after copying the file there, restart your Integration Server]
Please browse WmUsers this is a very common error, im sure the posts will help.

Leon

Hello Leon,
Thanks for your help, but please can you say me where do i find this classes12.zip. I could see only one zip file called “javaxsql” . Please help with this.

Thanks for your inputs …

Rizwan

Hello All, again me,
I had downloaded the class12.zip from internet and put in the <server-root>/lib/jars/ but now its giving me another problem, which looks like this :

Error encountered
[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource Test.Connectionracle_connection.
[ART.118.5036] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to configure connection manager.
[ADA.1.204] Cannot connect to the database with DataSource class “oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource”.
Invalid Oracle URL specified: OracleDataSource.makeURL

What could be the problem. My database is running fine …

all inputs will be appreciated…

Rizwan

Check JDBC driver jar file is in IS CLASSPATH. Under System>Advanced>Enironment Variable

D:\OraHome1\bin;C:\Program Files\Oracle\jre\1.3.1\bin;C:\Program Files\Oracle\jre\1.1.8\bin;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;C:\webMethods\IntegrationServer\lib\jars;“C:\webMethods\jvm\win142\bin”;

you can see classpath by going to your Administrator screen “About”.

HTH

Keep in mind that classes12.zip is for JRE 1.2 and 1.3.

As an example, if you have a 1.4 JRE (likely if you are running IS 6.1x) and are using clesses12.zip, you can run into issues trying to create a stored procedure adapter service.

If you are running a JRE 1.4, you’ll want ojdbc14.jar.

You don’t want two different versions of the Oracle JDBC driver in your classpath. Oracle’s approach has been to rename libraries from one release to another even though they contain the same classes. So don’t forget to remove the older version of the library (in this case, classes12.zip) from the appropriate directory after copying in the new (ojdbc14.jar) one.

Another way to make the correct driver version available to the Integration Server is to copy the file to $IS_ROOT/lib/jars.

Regardless of which JRE you are using… 1.3 or 1.4

Have you set the driverType=thin in the connection’s Other Properites field?

Thanks Leon and Mark, your post really help me in solving my error. And thanks MArk for that info ugave in the last post.

Hi leon/Mark,

Thanks for your help and view for configuring adaptor, it helped me to configured JDBC Adaptor.
Now i am facing another problem and it is throwing a JAVA.LANG.EXCEPTION.

Unable to locate schemanames while creating Adapter Service.

com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceException: [ART.114.205] Adapter Runtime (Metadata):
Unable to lookup the resource domain values.
[ADA.1.321] Cannot get the list of schemas. "
(60000/600) ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [ttcgcshnd-1], [0], , , , , ,
"
ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [ttcgcshnd-1], [0], , , , , ,

on tables.schemaName [Ljava.lang.String;@10dd09

java.lang.Exception: Adapter values are not available.

Here my database is up and there are 10 tables available in that database. Please put some light
on this.

Thanks & B Regards
Rizwan

This is exactly the kind of message you get if you are using the wrong version Oracle JDBC driver.

What is your JRE version, and what Oracle JDBC driver file are you using? Have other versions of the JDBC driver file been taken out of the directories that the Integration Server uses to set its classpath?

Hi Mark
Thanks for your Prompt help. Now i could solve this problem. I had oracle 9.0.2 Version Installed on my PC. i went to D:\oracle\ora92\jdbc\lib, Directory and copied the classes12.zip file and placed at
"C:\webmethod6\Integration Server\Lib\Jars " directory, and i bounced IS and the service worked fine. and i can see all schemas .
And i have jdk1.5.0_02 and Jre1.5.0_02 installed on my PC.
And i have installed IS6.1.
Now i want to know, the classes12.zip which i coppied is correct one or do i need to download another one. if you have any LATEST ONE PLEASE ATTACH AND SEND ME.

Thanks in advance.
Rizwan

Rizwan,

classes12.zip is the wrong JDBC driver file for JRE1.5 and 1.4.

You should be using ojdbc14.jar instead. This file can be downloaded for free from technet.oracle.com.

Look at your server.bat script in $IS_HOME\bin. Verify which JRE/JDK the JAVA_DIR variable is pointing at.

The installation guides for 6.1 and 6.5 indicate that you should be using Java 1.4.2 on Windows. If it seems that 1.5 has been out a while and should be supported, remember that 6.5 started certification testing inside webMethods a while ago. They can only support what they’ve tested against.

Hi Mark,
Thanks for your inputs. And sorry i mention wrong version of Java. i checked as you said and i found that i am have Jdk1.3.1 and Jre1.3.1 .
Hope classes12.zip would work fine for this version.
Any way thanks for every help you did to me.
Thanks again
Rizwan.

Rizwan,

classes12.zip is correct for 1.3.1

Regards

Hi Experts
I am getting following Error while enabling connection for oracle JDBC connection.I have included classes12.zip in servers’s class path also.

Could you help me why we get this error?

Error encountered
[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource DBConnection:TestConnection.
String index out of range: -1

Connection Properties :

Transaction Type LOCAL_TRANSACTION
DataSource Class oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver or oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource (tried Both)
serverName 157.227.44.33
user scott
password ******
databaseName testora
portNumber 1521
networkProtocol tcp
Other Properties thin
Connection Management Properties
Enable Connection Pooling true
Minimum Pool Size 1
Maximum Pool Size 10
Pool Increment Size 1
Block Timeout (msec) 1000
Expire Timeout (msec) 1000
Startup Retry Count 0
Startup Backoff Timeout (sec) 10

set Other Properties driverType=thin but i am not sure if this change helps…

Search this forum there are numerous threads discussed on this problem and resolution…

goodluck,

ramanujam,
Make the change asked you to make cuz it is driverType=thin not just thin and then you can check for few more things that cuz this error :

Check for tail spaces in the fields
Make sure Your class file is there(for JVM 1.4.2 is ojdbc14.jar and classes12 is for JVM 1.3 and 1.4)

ramanujam,
Beside above mentioned settings, kindly check for DataSource Class = oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleConnectionPoolDataSource

Regards,
Puneet Saxena

Hello Friends

Bingo!!!
Thanks for your valuable Comments.
driverType = thin
& I enabled oracled Listener in remote Machine

Once again I thank all who replied me.

Regards,
T.S.Ramanujam

Hi All,
I am trying to configure JDBC connection adapter in webMethods 6.1. I am getting the following error. I will be very thankful if any one out there can help put.

Error encountered
[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource TDI56_FinancialPostingMIFF_ORACLEBORG_ServicesRemote.TDI56_FinancialPostinfMIFFORACLEBORGMgmtRemote.adapters.oracle:ORACEBORGConnection.[ART.118.5036] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to configure connection manager.[ADA.1.204] Cannot connect to the database with DataSource class “oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource”.Io exception: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection

Hi
How do we create a package while configuring “JDBC Adapter connection” ?
Where should we create the package…do we have to create in webMethods\integration server\packages…?