configuring adapter for ms sql server 2005

hi all, I am trying to create a new adapter connection for ms sql server 2005

I downloaded the latest driver “sqljdbc.jar” and copied to lib\jars of my IS folder.

The details I have provided while creating a new connection are as follows:-

Connection TypeJDBC Adapter Connection
Package Name
XYZ
Connection Properties

Transaction TypeLOCAL_TRANSACTION DataSource Classcom.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDataSource serverName172.25.3.124 userabcdef password****** databaseNamemyDBportNumbernetworkProtocolTCP/IP Other PropertiesselectMethod=cursor

The error I am facing while trying to activate the connection is like this.

Error encountered
[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource Nilesh:nilesh_conn.[ART.118.5036] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to configure connection manager.com/microsoft/sqlserver/jdbc/SQLServerDataSource (Unsupported major.minor version 49.0) Can anyone plz help me with this issue??Thanks In Advance.Regards,Sudarshan Vyas

Hi,

What is the version of the JDBC driver which are trying to connect to ms sql server 2005?

Major minor version error comes when you try to execute a with a java of lower version and java class compiled with higher version.

Regards,
Sumit

hi,

my jvm version for webMethods(6.5) is 1.4.2 and i have downloaded jdbc version 2.0

Hi,

As per jdbc 6.5 adapter guide :

Supported JDBC Version :
Microsoft SQL Server 2005
Driver for JDBC, version 1.0.809.102

Try above driver.

Regards,
Sumit

Probably that was the problem I was facing… I hv got this one sorted out

But now I am facing some other error:

Cannot open database “INFVA03719” requested by the login. The login failed, where INFVA03719 is the database name I’ve put in… any suggestion on this one?

This is something related to your database credentials, check with your database admin.