CLASSPATH problems when using crimson.jar

My application was using the following libraries (which were declared in the classpath in the same order as below):

xerces
ejb
jndi
jdbc
jta
parser
jaxp
xalan
tools
jsse
jnet
jcert
activation
mail
saxon
bsf
js

As I developped my application to make use of Quip, I had to introduce 2 new libs: QuiP & crimson… so I added them at the end of the classpath like this:

xerces
ejb
jndi
jdbc
jta
parser
jaxp
xalan
tools
jsse
jnet
jcert
activation
mail
saxon
bsf
js
crimson.jar
QuiP.jat

but then an eror occured during the Xquery execution:
com.softwareag.xtools.quip.xqueryAPI.XQueryException:
org.apache.xerces.dom.DocumentImpl

After reading Sven’s answer about the conflict between Xerces and Crimson, I made what he advised: to put crimson before xerces in the classpath like this:

crimson.jar
xerces
ejb
jndi
jdbc
jta
parser
jaxp
xalan
tools
jsse
jnet
jcert
activation
mail
saxon
bsf
js
QuiP.jat

but another error occured at the same point as before (Xquery execution):
com.softwareag.xtools.quip.xqueryAPI.XQueryException: com.sun.xml.tree.XmlDocument

So, there seems to be a new conflict with the [parser] lib this time…so I tried zo put parser before crimson, but another error occured:
“SearchEngineBean.java”: Error #: 300 : method getNamedItemNS(java.lang.String, java.lang.String) not found in interface org.w3c.dom.NamedNodeMap at line 327, column 34

which is a class from the parser lib…

So, all this stuff is making me crazy and if someone has the solution of what seems to be a huge puzzle, please let me know…

What is parser.jar?

This is a bit of a guess, but I’d try removing it from your classpath. You get similar problems trying to run things under JRun because its default parser classes conflict with other parsers. The same sort of thing may be happening here.